What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 173 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, Π-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Design Process architecture goals and catalog what business benefits will Process architecture goals deliver if achieved.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Process architecture processes?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Process architecture leader?
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Gauge Abstraction risks and gather Abstraction models .
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Process architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Process architecture forward?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Process architecture study?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Rank Calculus of communicating systems issues and reduce Calculus of communicating systems costs.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Process architecture? There might be some that are less obvious?
– In what ways are Process architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the business goals Process architecture is aiming to achieve?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Discourse Complex system engagements and get the big picture.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How do we measure improved Process architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– Will Process architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Refer to Complexity decisions and maintain Complexity for success.
– The approach of traditional Process architecture works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Process architecture opportunities costing us money?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process architecture project?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Devise Dualistic Petri nets leadership and correct better engagement with Dualistic Petri nets results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Process architecture does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process architecture activities?
– What are current Process architecture Paradigms?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Enterprise architecture strategies and research ways can we become the Enterprise architecture company that would put us out of business.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process architecture project manager?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Process architecture Management?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– How can we improve Process architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
Learn from Enterprise information security architecture results and raise human resource and employment practices for Enterprise information security architecture.
– When a Process architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the usability implications of Process architecture actions?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Mix Flowchart goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in Flowchart because they lack skills.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Process architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Process architecture project lifecycle?
– How important is Process architecture to the user organizations mission?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Look at Hierarchy decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Hierarchy.
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information architecture quality and catalog what business benefits will Information architecture goals deliver if achieved.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– In the same way that you profile content against business goals or user needs, you can profile it according to brand alignment. Are you emphasizing content that works against your brand positioning?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– What do you find are the main obstacles to getting people to appreciate the value of information architecture?
– If the information architecture and design has been completed, are they reasonably uniform?
– When conducting a website review what are some of the key areas that you look at?
– Has a plan for taxonomy design, creation, usage and maintenance been established?
– How to go from the information structure to the navigation structure?
– Does any new vocabulary need to be mapped to an existing taxonomy?
– What types of content should and should not be part of the site?
– Has the time span for the use of this information been analyzed?
– What are the global requirements for the entire collection?
– Have the interoperability requirements been evaluated?
– How large is the language of standard web icons?
– Metadata; is there a metadata strategy?
– Do you need a taxonomy strategy?
– How should we label the content?
– What Do We Hope to Accomplish?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Value Infrastructure tasks and assess and formulate effective operational and Infrastructure strategies.
– The slower data transfer rate between a compute cluster and a storage array has been adversely impacting multiple cloud services. which Service Management process helps to mitigate this impact?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Are all servers actively monitored and access logged and monitored through it@jh systems center?
– Which fibre channel (fc) port type would only be used to connect an fc switch to another switch?
– Which cost component to the organization will most likely increase due to this decision?
– What are key cost factors involved while using cloud services from a service provider?
– How do I implement critical solutions to get a more agile environment infrastructure?
– What is determined during the compliance assessment for cloud adoption?
– Which statement is true about a trunk link in a vlan environment?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
– Which migration strategy should the organization use?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What best describes the vm snapshot?
– What is a benefit of nic teaming?
– What is private cloud?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Consider Method engineering leadership and devote time assessing Method engineering and its risk.
– Who needs to know about Process architecture ?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Chart Petri net tasks and get the big picture.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Process architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Process architecture activities?
– What are all of our Process architecture domains and what do they do?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Petri nets quality and get the big picture.
– Can we do Process architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Why is Process architecture important for you now?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Adapt Process calculus visions and proactively manage Process calculus risks.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Process architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does Process architecture create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is Effective Process architecture?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Dissect Process engineering failures and sort Process engineering activities.
– Is Process architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process architecture processes?
– What are internal and external Process architecture relations?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Process management results and find the ideas you already have.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How do we know that any Process architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are there Process architecture problems defined?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Process modeling visions and oversee Process modeling management by competencies.
– Does our organization need more Process architecture education?
– How do we maintain Process architectures Integrity?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Process theory decisions and drive action.
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Process architecture project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process architecture deliverables?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Examine Real-time computing strategies and gather Real-time computing models .
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Process architecture that make it risky?
– What threat is Process architecture addressing?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Focus on Superstructure goals and attract Superstructure skills.
– Are assumptions made in Process architecture stated explicitly?
– What will drive Process architecture change?
System Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze System failures and reduce System costs.
– Has your organization conducted an evaluation of the Cybersecurity risks for major systems at each stage of the system deployment lifecycle?
– Does the supplier have a system to recall of all calibrated items at the end of their calibration interval?
– Are we on the lookout for any companies that are building the next generation of CRM systems?
– Is the CM system comprehensive enough for the product and/or contract flow down requirements?
– Does our performance rating system accurately reflect actual employee performance?
– Is a intrusion detection or intrusion prevention system used on the network?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Can we consider higher-dimensional interconnect (non examinable) ?
– Have the boundaries for each system and process been established?
– What self development activities are you currently engaged in?
– What is the national origin/ancestry of your parents/spouse?
– Right-hand sides may range over rich operators e.g. mux ?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– What damage can result from systems failure?
– What were his/her strengths and weaknesses?
– Will systems thinking be rethought?
– Are your systems easy to use?
– Where are SoCs Headed?
– What is a SoC?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Debate over System of systems decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
– Do we all define Process architecture in the same way?
– Why should we adopt a Process architecture framework?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Systems architecture outcomes and work towards be a leading Systems architecture expert.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Process architecture?
– What are our Process architecture Processes?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Systems theory tactics and correct better engagement with Systems theory results.
– How likely is the current Process architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process architecture clearly defined?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Refer to Workflow outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Process architecture processes?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– How to deal with Process architecture Changes?
– Why are Process architecture skills important?
– What happens to workflows?
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Trace Π-calculus goals and drive action.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Process architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Process architecture process?
– How can the value of Process architecture be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process architecture External links:
Dynamics 365 Process architecture – msdn.microsoft.com
Abstraction External links:
Abstraction | Definition of Abstraction by Merriam-Webster
Abstraction (2013) – IMDb
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
VDict – Definition of Calculus of Communicating Systems
The Calculus of Communicating Systems
Complex system External links:
[PDF]What is a Complex System?
Complexity External links:
Complexity | Definition of Complexity by Merriam-Webster
Complexity Rooms – Connecticut
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
Hierarchy External links:
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Sales Department Jobs Titles Hierarchy | Hierarchy Structure
Business Title Hierarchy – Hierarchy Structure
Information architecture External links:
[PPT]Information Architecture – Texas Tech University
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
The Age of Information Architecture | UX Booth
Infrastructure External links:
Water Infrastructure Operations | Inframark
Top 4 Long-Term Infrastructure Stocks as of December …
Community Infrastructure Consultants | WK Dickson
Method engineering External links:
3.4 Summary of method engineering approaches
Petri net External links:
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
Colored Petri Net – How is Colored Petri Net abbreviated?
Safe Petri Net – How is Safe Petri Net abbreviated?
Petri nets External links:
Petri Nets – University of Texas at Austin
[PDF]Petri Nets for Dynamic Event-Driven System Modeling
http://bluehawk.monmouth.edu/~jwang/Petri Nets — Introduction.pdf
Infinite Petri Nets : vTools Events
Process calculus External links:
[1212.2257] A Process Calculus with Logical Operators
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Title: A process calculus with finitary comprehended terms
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Process Management System | InTechOpen – Open …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Process modeling External links:
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
Real-Time Computing – CHM Revolution – Computer …
ERIC – Real-Time Computing in Psychology at the …
Real-time computing | Article about Real-time computing …
System External links:
Buildings Information System
System of systems External links:
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering Collaborators …
Systems architecture External links:
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
[PDF]Modular Open Systems Architecture in DoD …
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems theory External links:
What is Systems Theory? – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
[PDF]Chapter 5 Applied Systems Theory – Cengage
Systems theory models of decision-making. General systems theory emphasizes the way in which organized systems (human and non …
http://Systems Theory / Therapy – GoodTherapy.org
Workflow External links:
Workflow Portal Login – American Title Inc
Starting your Workflow | Nintex Community
WorkFlow – Federal Title