What is involved in Data Center
Find out what the related areas are that Data Center connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Center thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data Center journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data Center leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Center related domains to cover and 169 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Center, Intrusion detection system, The Dalles, Oregon, Computer network, Single point of failure, Customer relationship management, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Computer data storage, Web hosting service, Fire prevention, Server Room Environment Monitoring System, Air conditioning, Clean agent, Server sprawl, Networking hardware, Intermodal container, Computer storage, Google Data Centers, Data center infrastructure management, Server room, Plenum space, Network operations center, Internet exchange point, Cisco Systems, Google App Engine, Microsoft Online Services, Amazon Web Services, Power usage effectiveness, Fire sprinkler system, Modular data center, Thermal cascade, Microsoft Azure, Apache CloudStack, Active Design, Uninterruptible power supply, Data center network architectures, Data center environmental control, Google Cloud Platform, Rack unit, Central apparatus room, VMware vCloud Air, ZTE Corporation, Electrical efficiency, Zoho Corporation, Telecommunications network, Internet protocol, Upstate New York, Engine Yard, Fire protection, Google Modular Data Center, Plasma arc, Domain Name System:
Data Center Critical Criteria:
Chat re Data Center projects and describe which business rules are needed as Data Center interface.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Center project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data Center project manager?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– What are the usability implications of Data Center actions?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Intrusion detection system tactics and research ways can we become the Intrusion detection system company that would put us out of business.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– How can you measure Data Center in a systematic way?
– Is Data Center Required?
The Dalles, Oregon Critical Criteria:
Examine The Dalles, Oregon leadership and be persistent.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Center values?
– How do we know that any Data Center analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is our Data Center Strategy?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Computer network risks and stake your claim.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Data Center objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Who sets the Data Center standards?
– Are we Assessing Data Center and Risk?
Single point of failure Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Single point of failure leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Single point of failure goal is.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data Center?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Center? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Data Center project?
– Single point of failure / compromise?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Customer relationship management issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– How do we deal with the most important challenge of a crm program: how do we get a single version of the customer truth?
– What is the value of integrating social intelligence listening and engagement into the CRM your business is using?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– How do you enhance existing cache management techniques for context-dependent data?
– Is there an iphone app for mobile scrm or customer relationship management?
– Is the installed memory sufficient, based on installation recommendations?
– What creates value for the users, and does this create a structural bond?
– Is there a pattern to our clients buying habits (e.g., seasonal)?
– What are the standard hours for phone, email and chat support?
– What were the factors that caused CRM to appear when it did?
– Do you have technology that assist in online monitoring?
– Do you know which customers give you the best business?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– Is the offline synching performance acceptable?
– Is the user still a member of the organization?
– What should we do about motivation theory?
– What customer data is necessary?
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Critical Criteria:
Discuss U.S. Environmental Protection Agency engagements and clarify ways to gain access to competitive U.S. Environmental Protection Agency services.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Center. How do we gain traction?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data Center strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there recognized Data Center problems?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Reason over Computer data storage leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Computer data storage strategies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Center leader?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Data Center process?
– Is Data Center Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Web hosting service Critical Criteria:
Focus on Web hosting service tasks and adopt an insight outlook.
– What do you do for a day when your web hosting service crashes?
– What about Data Center Analysis of results?
– Is the scope of Data Center defined?
– Are there Data Center Models?
Fire prevention Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Fire prevention leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Fire prevention and constraints.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data Center been identified and analyzed?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Center processes?
Server Room Environment Monitoring System Critical Criteria:
Scan Server Room Environment Monitoring System decisions and point out Server Room Environment Monitoring System tensions in leadership.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Center process?
– Does Data Center analysis show the relationships among important Data Center factors?
– Can we do Data Center without complex (expensive) analysis?
Air conditioning Critical Criteria:
Consider Air conditioning governance and attract Air conditioning skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Data Center into the services that we provide?
– Are there Data Center problems defined?
Clean agent Critical Criteria:
Chat re Clean agent issues and find out what it really means.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Center product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Center?
Server sprawl Critical Criteria:
Depict Server sprawl outcomes and forecast involvement of future Server sprawl projects in development.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Data Center workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Which customers cant participate in our Data Center domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are current Data Center Paradigms?
Networking hardware Critical Criteria:
Analyze Networking hardware planning and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Networking hardware.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Center process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Center process available?
Intermodal container Critical Criteria:
Dissect Intermodal container decisions and check on ways to get started with Intermodal container.
– Will Data Center have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Center requirements in detail?
– How to deal with Data Center Changes?
Computer storage Critical Criteria:
Meet over Computer storage tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Computer storage projects.
– Can we add value to the current Data Center decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Center is underway?
– What are the short and long-term Data Center goals?
Google Data Centers Critical Criteria:
Discuss Google Data Centers projects and define Google Data Centers competency-based leadership.
– What are all of our Data Center domains and what do they do?
Data center infrastructure management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Data center infrastructure management leadership and be persistent.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Center forward?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Center?
Server room Critical Criteria:
Steer Server room quality and know what your objective is.
– Think about the functions involved in your Data Center project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Data Center leaders?
– How will you measure your Data Center effectiveness?
Plenum space Critical Criteria:
Nurse Plenum space risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Plenum space information.
– Is a Data Center Team Work effort in place?
– What is Effective Data Center?
Network operations center Critical Criteria:
Generalize Network operations center engagements and reduce Network operations center costs.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Center in a volatile global economy?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Center does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the disruptive Data Center technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Internet exchange point Critical Criteria:
Talk about Internet exchange point goals and customize techniques for implementing Internet exchange point controls.
– To what extent does management recognize Data Center as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Center approaches/solutions?
Cisco Systems Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Cisco Systems risks and find out.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Data Center?
– What is our formula for success in Data Center ?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Coach on Google App Engine outcomes and cater for concise Google App Engine education.
– Is there a Data Center Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In a project to restructure Data Center outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Steer Microsoft Online Services failures and transcribe Microsoft Online Services as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What is the purpose of Data Center in relation to the mission?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Align Amazon Web Services projects and do something to it.
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Think of your Data Center project. what are the main functions?
– Which Data Center goals are the most important?
Power usage effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Design Power usage effectiveness decisions and overcome Power usage effectiveness skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do we manage Data Center Knowledge Management (KM)?
Fire sprinkler system Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Fire sprinkler system planning and get answers.
– Do we all define Data Center in the same way?
– How much does Data Center help?
Modular data center Critical Criteria:
Review Modular data center issues and get answers.
Thermal cascade Critical Criteria:
Scan Thermal cascade strategies and gather practices for scaling Thermal cascade.
– In the case of a Data Center project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data Center project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data Center project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Center goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do Data Center rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Microsoft Azure governance and find out.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Center agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Center strengthening and reform?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Define Apache CloudStack failures and shift your focus.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Data Center project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– When a Data Center manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Does our organization need more Data Center education?
Active Design Critical Criteria:
Boost Active Design issues and transcribe Active Design as tomorrows backbone for success.
– what is the best design framework for Data Center organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the long-term Data Center goals?
Uninterruptible power supply Critical Criteria:
Judge Uninterruptible power supply results and look for lots of ideas.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Center opportunities costing us money?
– What business benefits will Data Center goals deliver if achieved?
Data center network architectures Critical Criteria:
Rank Data center network architectures strategies and tour deciding if Data center network architectures progress is made.
– Do those selected for the Data Center team have a good general understanding of what Data Center is all about?
– Will Data Center deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Data center environmental control Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data center environmental control quality and remodel and develop an effective Data center environmental control strategy.
– Have you identified your Data Center key performance indicators?
– How can the value of Data Center be defined?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Investigate Google Cloud Platform decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data Center processes of our organization?
Rack unit Critical Criteria:
Drive Rack unit projects and find answers.
– Why is Data Center important for you now?
– Do we have past Data Center Successes?
Central apparatus room Critical Criteria:
Read up on Central apparatus room strategies and probe the present value of growth of Central apparatus room.
– Does Data Center create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How is the value delivered by Data Center being measured?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Meet over VMware vCloud Air management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive VMware vCloud Air services.
– How do we go about Securing Data Center?
ZTE Corporation Critical Criteria:
See the value of ZTE Corporation quality and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the business goals Data Center is aiming to achieve?
– What are internal and external Data Center relations?
Electrical efficiency Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Electrical efficiency leadership and forecast involvement of future Electrical efficiency projects in development.
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Merge Zoho Corporation governance and develop and take control of the Zoho Corporation initiative.
– What are specific Data Center Rules to follow?
Telecommunications network Critical Criteria:
Trace Telecommunications network governance and do something to it.
Internet protocol Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Internet protocol adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we Improve Data Center service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
Upstate New York Critical Criteria:
Examine Upstate New York results and assess what counts with Upstate New York that we are not counting.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Center study?
– What threat is Data Center addressing?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Infer Engine Yard planning and gather practices for scaling Engine Yard.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Center with what users do day-to-day?
Fire protection Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Fire protection issues and get going.
Google Modular Data Center Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Google Modular Data Center risks and handle a jump-start course to Google Modular Data Center.
– How likely is the current Data Center plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Plasma arc Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Plasma arc risks and define Plasma arc competency-based leadership.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Center products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who needs to know about Data Center ?
– What will drive Data Center change?
Domain Name System Critical Criteria:
Judge Domain Name System goals and look in other fields.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Data Center? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data Center Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Center External links:
National Oceanographic Data Center Home Page
Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection Systems – CERIAS
[PDF]Intrusion Detection System Sensor Protection Profile
Computer network External links:
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Single point of failure External links:
Redis master/slave replication – single point of failure?
Customer relationship management External links:
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
1workforce – Customer Relationship Management …
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency External links:
Contact EPA | U.S. Environmental Protection Agency | US EPA
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Home | Facebook
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency | U.S. Department …
Computer data storage External links:
Computer Data Storage Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Web hosting service External links:
Web Hosting Service Business Web Hosting Provider
Ohio State University Web Hosting Service Home Page
What’s Your Favorite Web Hosting Service? – …
Fire prevention External links:
fire prevention, faiu forms: b45m, request for inspection rev.: 03/13 bureau of fire prevention
http://Fire Prevention Week/Month – Oregon.gov Home Page
Commission on Fire Prevention and Control – ct.gov
Air conditioning External links:
http://Air conditioning (often referred to as A/C or AC) is the process of altering the properties of air (primarily temperature and humidity) to more comfortable conditions, typically with the aim of distributing the conditioned air to an occupied space such as a building or a vehicle to improve thermal comfort and indoor air quality.
Clean agent External links:
FM-200® Clean Agent – HFC-227 | Fire Suppression | Fike
ECARO-25® Clean Agent – HFC-125 | Fire Suppression | Fike
[PDF]Clean Agent Systems – Amerex Fire International Ltd
Server sprawl External links:
What is Server Sprawl? – Definition from Techopedia
What is server sprawl? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Networking hardware External links:
Networking Hardware for Reliable Device Connectivity | Perle
Summit Information Resources – Networking Hardware …
Meraki Networking Hardware -Take Your Network By The …
Intermodal container External links:
[PDF]Intermodal Container Inspection, Reinspection, …
Computer storage External links:
Computer Storage (1956) – Snopes.com
Computer Storage Devices Flashcards | Quizlet
Google Data Centers External links:
Google data centers – total server count – Artificial Brains
Data centers – Google Data centers
Server room External links:
[PDF]Procedures for Server Room Heating, Ventilation, …
Plenum space External links:
Choosing Plenum Cables for Plenum Space – …
Plenum space | One Stop Cooling & Heating
Network operations center External links:
CCI Systems – Network Operations Center
Harris Technology Services – HTS Network Operations Center
About Inracks – Network Operations Center (NOC) Furniture
Internet exchange point External links:
Liberia Internet Exchange Point Association.
Burkina Faso Internet Exchange Point – BFIX | Facebook
Namex, Rome’s Internet Exchange Point – Home | Facebook
Cisco Systems External links:
Cisco Systems, Inc. – CSCO – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Contact Cisco – Cisco Systems
Google App Engine External links:
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Google App Engine – Download
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Download Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant …
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Power usage effectiveness External links:
Power Usage Effectiveness – PUE – Data Clean
Power usage effectiveness in data centers: overloaded …
Fire sprinkler system External links:
Beach Lake Sprinkler: Fire Sprinkler System in …
Modular data center External links:
Modular Data Center – DCIM – BASELAYER
Prefabricated modular data center construction | RK
Thermal cascade External links:
Elite: Dangerous – Thermal Cascade overpowered – YouTube
PvP – Reverberating Cascade vs Thermal Cascade – YouTube
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
Apache CloudStack Engineers – The CloudStack Company
www.Cloudstack.com | Cloudstack – Apache CloudStack…
Active Design External links:
Active Design Verified • Partnership For A Healthier America
Center for Active Design
Uninterruptible power supply External links:
Uninterruptible Power Supply Products | UPS – CyberPower
Eaton’s Powerware uninterruptible power supply UPS …
Data center network architectures External links:
[PDF]A Survey of Data Center Network Architectures
Data center environmental control External links:
Data Center Environmental Control by DP Air
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Cloud Launcher – Google Cloud Platform
Managed Google Cloud Platform | Rackspace
Rack unit External links:
Define: Rack Unit “U” or “RU” | The Server Rack FAQ
This durable DEWALT Shelf Steel or Laminate Expandable Industrial Storage Rack Unit in Yellow is a perfect choice for rough job site.
Provide heavy storage for home use with this DEWALT Shelf Steel or Laminate Expandable Industrial Storage Rack Unit in Yellow.
Central apparatus room External links:
CAR abbreviation stands for Central Apparatus Room
Central Apparatus Room Archives – ESPN Front Row
VMware vCloud Air External links:
An Introduction to VMware vCloud Air – YouTube
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air
ZTE Corporation External links:
Invt Spe Llc V. Zte Corporation Et Al – D-NJ
Evolved Wireless, Llc V. Zte Corporation Et Al – D-DE
Electrical efficiency External links:
Electrical Efficiency Calculators | HSB
ARPA-E | Electrical Efficiency
Zoho Corporation External links:
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation – Official Site
Telecommunications network External links:
Greater Austin Area Telecommunications Network – Home
[PDF]Telecommunications Network Standards
Internet protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
Upstate New York External links:
Store Locations and Hours – Upstate New York and Vermont
Upstate New York Gas & Electricity | National Grid
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard: Log In or Sign Up
Engine Yard – Official Site
The Engine Yard Village – Home | Facebook
Fire protection External links:
West Metro Fire Protection District, CO | Official Website
Keystone Fire Protection Co. – Official Site
Google Modular Data Center External links:
Google Modular Data Center – Howling Pixel
Google Modular Data Center – update.revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Google Modular Data Center
Plasma arc External links:
Plasma ARC cutting table | Item EC9269 | Tuesday January …
Plasma arc cutting Flashcards | Quizlet
Domain Name System External links:
What is the domain name system (DNS)? – The Garage
Domain Name System | NTIA