What is involved in Public relations
Find out what the related areas are that Public relations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public relations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public relations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public relations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public relations related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public relations, Urban legend, National Diet Library, Cult of personality, Pensée unique, Press releases, Internet censorship, Glittering generality, Noam Chomsky, Youth activism, Media intelligence, United Transit Commission, Digital marketing, Lobby groups, New media, Promotional model, Nonprofit organizations, Target audience, Mass communication, Visual communication, Competitive intelligence, Social science, Mediated cross-border communication, Cold calling, Heritage interpretation, Advertising slogan, Corporate identity, Brand management, Media bias, Racial hoax, Risk communication, Political campaign, Atrocity propaganda, False balance, American Dream, Public relations in India, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Cross-cultural communication, Sales promotion, Non-apology apology, Internet activism, Models of communication, Literary forgery, Election promise, Advertisement film, Concentration of media ownership, Intrapersonal communication, Political science, Press release, Communication studies, Pop music, Corporate media, Critical theory, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Public relations results and observe effective Public relations.
– what is the best design framework for Public relations organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Public relations strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– What is the purpose of Public relations in relation to the mission?
Urban legend Critical Criteria:
Scan Urban legend goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Urban legend.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Public relations into the services that we provide?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public relations move?
– Do we all define Public relations in the same way?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Review National Diet Library adoptions and separate what are the business goals National Diet Library is aiming to achieve.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public relations Management?
– What threat is Public relations addressing?
Cult of personality Critical Criteria:
Audit Cult of personality risks and ask questions.
– What are the disruptive Public relations technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Public relations products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What is our Public relations Strategy?
Pensée unique Critical Criteria:
Read up on Pensée unique quality and perfect Pensée unique conflict management.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Public relations that make it risky?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public relations processes?
– Does our organization need more Public relations education?
Press releases Critical Criteria:
Track Press releases tactics and describe the risks of Press releases sustainability.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Public relations project manager?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Public relations opportunities costing us money?
– What will drive Public relations change?
Internet censorship Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Internet censorship management and get the big picture.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Public relations agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the business goals Public relations is aiming to achieve?
– Does Public relations appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Glittering generality Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Glittering generality projects and catalog Glittering generality activities.
– What are our Public relations Processes?
Noam Chomsky Critical Criteria:
Value Noam Chomsky goals and catalog Noam Chomsky activities.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public relations domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we measure improved Public relations service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public relations?
Youth activism Critical Criteria:
Consult on Youth activism quality and oversee Youth activism management by competencies.
– How will you know that the Public relations project has been successful?
– Who will provide the final approval of Public relations deliverables?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Mine Media intelligence tasks and explore and align the progress in Media intelligence.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public relations services/products?
– Does Public relations systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do the Public relations decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
United Transit Commission Critical Criteria:
Rank United Transit Commission risks and explore and align the progress in United Transit Commission.
– In the case of a Public relations project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public relations project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public relations project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are internal and external Public relations relations?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Boost Digital marketing issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Digital marketing.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– How can you measure Public relations in a systematic way?
Lobby groups Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Lobby groups visions and intervene in Lobby groups processes and leadership.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public relations ?
– Is a Public relations Team Work effort in place?
New media Critical Criteria:
Grade New media projects and do something to it.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public relations?
– Think of your Public relations project. what are the main functions?
– How do we go about Securing Public relations?
Promotional model Critical Criteria:
Scan Promotional model strategies and oversee Promotional model management by competencies.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Public relations project?
Nonprofit organizations Critical Criteria:
Learn from Nonprofit organizations adoptions and check on ways to get started with Nonprofit organizations.
Target audience Critical Criteria:
Consider Target audience tasks and acquire concise Target audience education.
– Spheres of influerce in the consumers life. what people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to products?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public relations information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to csm products?
– What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public relations moving forward?
– Who is the target audience for this advertising message?
– Do the media selected reach the target audience?
– Are we sure the target audience is watching?
– Who are your target audiences?
Mass communication Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Mass communication visions and assess what counts with Mass communication that we are not counting.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Public relations values?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Public relations project?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Visual communication tasks and oversee Visual communication requirements.
– How would one define Public relations leadership?
– Is Public relations Required?
Competitive intelligence Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Competitive intelligence tactics and oversee Competitive intelligence requirements.
– What business benefits will Public relations goals deliver if achieved?
– Are accountability and ownership for Public relations clearly defined?
– How do we manage Public relations Knowledge Management (KM)?
Social science Critical Criteria:
Understand Social science tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Social science projects.
– Think about the functions involved in your Public relations project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Public relations process?
– Are assumptions made in Public relations stated explicitly?
Mediated cross-border communication Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Mediated cross-border communication leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Mediated cross-border communication results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Public relations does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who sets the Public relations standards?
Cold calling Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Cold calling governance and look at the big picture.
– Do Public relations rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What about Public relations Analysis of results?
Heritage interpretation Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Heritage interpretation decisions and oversee implementation of Heritage interpretation.
– Is there a Public relations Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How is the value delivered by Public relations being measured?
Advertising slogan Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Advertising slogan engagements and find out what it really means.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public relations? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– In a project to restructure Public relations outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Corporate identity decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Corporate identity services.
– Can we add value to the current Public relations decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is the Public relations organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Why are Public relations skills important?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Brand management adoptions and look in other fields.
– What are all of our Public relations domains and what do they do?
– What are the barriers to increased Public relations production?
Media bias Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Media bias risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Media bias.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public relations requirements in detail?
Racial hoax Critical Criteria:
Devise Racial hoax strategies and pioneer acquisition of Racial hoax systems.
– Is there any existing Public relations governance structure?
– What are the long-term Public relations goals?
Risk communication Critical Criteria:
Nurse Risk communication engagements and get the big picture.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Public relations delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does Public relations create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
Political campaign Critical Criteria:
Scan Political campaign visions and assess what counts with Political campaign that we are not counting.
– Is Public relations dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What vendors make products that address the Public relations needs?
Atrocity propaganda Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Atrocity propaganda goals and devise Atrocity propaganda key steps.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public relations study?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public relations effort?
False balance Critical Criteria:
Understand False balance tasks and point out improvements in False balance.
American Dream Critical Criteria:
Audit American Dream tactics and develop and take control of the American Dream initiative.
– Will the Collapse of the American Dream Lead to a Decline in Ethical Business Behaviour?
Public relations in India Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Public relations in India tasks and ask what if.
– Think about the people you identified for your Public relations project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public relations forward?
Bureau of Labor Statistics Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Bureau of Labor Statistics projects and correct better engagement with Bureau of Labor Statistics results.
Cross-cultural communication Critical Criteria:
Track Cross-cultural communication tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do we maintain Public relationss Integrity?
– How to deal with Public relations Changes?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Sales promotion projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Sales promotion projects.
– Among the Public relations product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Which Public relations goals are the most important?
Non-apology apology Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Non-apology apology outcomes and drive action.
– For your Public relations project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public relations activities?
Internet activism Critical Criteria:
Study Internet activism adoptions and reduce Internet activism costs.
– Why is Public relations important for you now?
Models of communication Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Models of communication failures and question.
– Will Public relations deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who needs to know about Public relations ?
Literary forgery Critical Criteria:
Chat re Literary forgery outcomes and plan concise Literary forgery education.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public relations objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we know that any Public relations analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Election promise Critical Criteria:
Confer over Election promise visions and innovate what needs to be done with Election promise.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public relations? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does the Public relations task fit the clients priorities?
Advertisement film Critical Criteria:
Apply Advertisement film projects and transcribe Advertisement film as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How will you measure your Public relations effectiveness?
Concentration of media ownership Critical Criteria:
Value Concentration of media ownership governance and adjust implementation of Concentration of media ownership.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public relations. How do we gain traction?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public relations experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Intrapersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Intrapersonal communication results and find the ideas you already have.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Public relations process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Public relations process available?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Public relations in a volatile global economy?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Probe Political science outcomes and optimize Political science leadership as a key to advancement.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public relations strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How much does Public relations help?
Press release Critical Criteria:
Add value to Press release engagements and achieve a single Press release view and bringing data together.
Communication studies Critical Criteria:
Guard Communication studies issues and separate what are the business goals Communication studies is aiming to achieve.
– Is Supporting Public relations documentation required?
– What is Effective Public relations?
Pop music Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Pop music results and remodel and develop an effective Pop music strategy.
– Are we Assessing Public relations and Risk?
Corporate media Critical Criteria:
Derive from Corporate media quality and ask questions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public relations project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public relations project lifecycle?
Critical theory Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Critical theory visions and know what your objective is.
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Focus on Word-of-mouth marketing issues and describe the risks of Word-of-mouth marketing sustainability.
– Can we do Public relations without complex (expensive) analysis?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public relations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public relations External links:
Ambit Adverting & Public Relations
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Microsoft Public Relations Contacts | Stories
Urban legend External links:
Explaining the Urban Legend of the Clown Statue
Cropsey: A Terrifying Urban Legend Brought to Life by One …
A 28-Year-Old Urban Legend: The Three Men And A Baby …
National Diet Library External links:
ndl.go.jp – 国立国会図書館―National Diet Library
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
National Diet Library law. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Cult of personality External links:
Living Colour – Cult Of Personality – YouTube
North Korea’s cult of personality surrounds Kim – CNN
How Tony Hsieh Has Built a Cult of Personality | Inc.com
Press releases External links:
Press Releases – BCC
2018 Press Releases – New York
Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. – Press Releases
Internet censorship External links:
PayPal Internet Censorship | National Review
List of Top 10 Countries With Internet Censorship 2015
Glittering generality External links:
Glittering Generality – Propaganda on Food Products
Glittering Generality 02 – YouTube
What is Glittering Generality Propaganda? Is it …
Youth activism External links:
Youth Activism Project – GuideStar Profile
Youth Activism, Connected. | Vietnam | Grassroots Network
Youth Activism Fellowship | Truth Initiative
Media intelligence External links:
FIBEP World Media Intelligence Congress
Christophe Ginisty | Social Media Intelligence
Media monitoring Services | Media Intelligence Provider
Digital marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Los Angeles – Digital Marketing Conference | April 10-11, 2018
Lobby groups External links:
Category:Lobby Groups – TobaccoTactics
Lobby groups/Australia – SourceWatch
New media External links:
Share this Rating. Title: New Media (2010) 7.8 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
Baptism Title | Centerline New Media | WorshipHouse Media
re-title.com artist opportunities: NEW MEDIA
Promotional model External links:
Promotional Model Brand Ambassador Jobs, …
How to Become a Promotional Model: 15 Steps (with …
Job Description of a Promotional Model – Woman
Nonprofit organizations External links:
Directory of Charities and Nonprofit Organizations
51 Popular Companies that Donate to Nonprofit Organizations
Top 100 Nonprofit Organizations | Top Nonprofits
Target audience External links:
[PDF]Title: Target Audience – Kansas WIC
http://www.kansaswic.org/download/thinkyourdrink/Think Your Drink.pdf
Target Audience (2002) – IMDb
Target Audiences | Nazi Propaganda
Mass communication External links:
Journalism 201: Intro to Mass Communication | UW …
Department of Journalism & Mass Communication – …
School of Journalism & Mass Communication – Drake …
Visual communication External links:
Visual Communication – AbeBooks
Glassboards | Visual Communication Systems | Egan Visual
Social science External links:
Social Sciences – Investopedia
Home | Institute for Social Science Research
SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH LAB – Wichita State University
Mediated cross-border communication External links:
Mediated cross-border communication – WOW.com
[PDF]“Mediated Cross-border communication”
“Mediated cross-border communication” on Revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Mediated cross-border communication
Cold calling External links:
Insurance Cold Calling Scripts – TelephoneLists
11 Cold Calling Techniques for Successful Sales – The Balance
SEC.gov | Cold Calling
Heritage interpretation External links:
Heritage Interpretation at IFT – Home | Facebook
Advertising slogan External links:
What is the quality of a good advertising slogan – Brainly.com
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Brand management External links:
Watson Creative – Brand Management and Creative Agency
BMP – Brand Management Professionals
Media bias External links:
Media Bias Ratings – allsides.com
The Top 50 Liberal Media Bias Examples – Western Journalism
Racial hoax External links:
How the Racial Hoax of the Jews Was Finally Exposed
Texas Woman Admits to Fabricating Abduction, Racial Hoax
Risk communication External links:
Risk communication (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Risk Communication (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Risk Communication | Risk Assessment | US EPA
Political campaign External links:
Fundraiser by Angel Sides : Political Campaign
Best Political Campaign Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Atrocity propaganda External links:
Atrocity propaganda – The British Library
Atrocity propaganda in World War One – YouTube
American Dream External links:
American Dream (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)
What’s a good American Dream Essay Title? | Yahoo Answers
Public relations in India External links:
Public Relations in India | SAGE Publications Inc
Public relations in India (Book, 1976) [WorldCat.org]
Bureau of Labor Statistics External links:
Bureau of Labor Statistics Salaries | CareerBliss
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) | U.S. Government …
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
Cross-cultural communication External links:
How to Improve Your Cross-Cultural Communication for …
ERIC – Cross-Cultural Communication., 1983
AMPU Guide: Common Cross-cultural Communication …
Sales promotion External links:
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal …
Levitra Sales Promotion | DXSpharmacy
Non-apology apology External links:
The Art of the Non-Apology Apology | The American Spectator
Internet activism External links:
Free Internet Activism – Authors of the Digital Bill of Rights
Internet Activism and Citizen Protection
Models of communication External links:
Models of Communication | Businesstopia
Models of Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Models of Communication | The Communication Process
Literary forgery External links:
Faking it: the art of literary forgery | Books | The Guardian
Election promise External links:
Despite Gov. McCrory’s pre-election promise, Hula Bowl …
Concentration of media ownership External links:
Concentration of media ownership | TheHill
Concentration of media ownership – news and …
Intrapersonal communication External links:
Intrapersonal communication Essay – 908 Palabras | Cram
Intrapersonal communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Political science External links:
[PDF]Related Career Titles for Political Science Majors
Department of Political Science
Department of Political Science // University of Notre Dame
Press release External links:
Press Release Jet
Illinois State Police Press Release
Latest Crypto News, Reports, Reviews , Press Release
Communication studies External links:
Undergraduate Studies – Communication Studies
Department of Communication Studies
Communication Studies – Home – Los Angeles City College
Pop music External links:
The politics of pop music in 2017 – CNNPolitics – cnn.com
Corporate media External links:
Corporate media production (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Critical theory External links:
Philosophy | Marx & Critical Theory | Amherst College
Critical Theory – Definition and Overview in Sociology
Critical Theory (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Word-of-Mouth Marketing Is NOT Marketing
Measuring Offline Vs. Online Word-of-Mouth Marketing