What is involved in Teradata
Find out what the related areas are that Teradata connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Teradata thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Teradata journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Teradata leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Teradata related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Teradata, Hawthorn Hill, Britton Lee, Inc., NCR Century 100, Tyco International, Dex Media, Frontier Florida, Ticker symbol, Social media, AT&T Submarine Systems, Hawaiian Telcom, Big Data Partnership, The Hindu, Symbios Logic, NCR 53C9x, Pacific Telesis, Frontier California, Amazon Web Services, Telcordia Technologies, NCR Book Award, Advanced American Telephones, United States Naval Computing Machine Laboratory, Regional Bell Operating Company, Teradata, NCR Voyager, Frontier Southwest, AT&T Corporation, YP Holdings, NCR CRAM, Southern New England Telephone, San Diego, Graybar Electric Company, Unix System Laboratories, Transaction Management eXecutive, South Park Historic District, Patterson Homestead, Carbonless copy paper, Massively parallel, Copient Technologies, Miamisburg, Ohio, S&P 400, QLT Consumer Lease Services, NCR 315, Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings, 4Front Technologies, American Stores, Column-oriented DBMS, Agere Systems, Dayton, Ohio, Enterprise software, Software as a service, NCR Corporation, National Cash Register Building, AT&T Broadband, California Institute of Technology, DBC 1012, Microsoft Azure, NCR 304, Microsoft SQL Server, U S WEST, Verizon Communications, NCR Self-Service:
Teradata Critical Criteria:
Discuss Teradata planning and attract Teradata skills.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Teradata strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Teradata project?
Hawthorn Hill Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Hawthorn Hill adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Hawthorn Hill.
– Do the Teradata decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How can you measure Teradata in a systematic way?
Britton Lee, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Britton Lee, Inc. issues and triple focus on important concepts of Britton Lee, Inc. relationship management.
– Think about the people you identified for your Teradata project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Will Teradata deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
NCR Century 100 Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over NCR Century 100 issues and stake your claim.
– Does our organization need more Teradata education?
– Why are Teradata skills important?
Tyco International Critical Criteria:
Study Tyco International engagements and get going.
– Does Teradata create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is our Teradata Strategy?
Dex Media Critical Criteria:
Systematize Dex Media adoptions and oversee implementation of Dex Media.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Teradata goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Have you identified your Teradata key performance indicators?
– How can we improve Teradata?
Frontier Florida Critical Criteria:
Talk about Frontier Florida adoptions and gather Frontier Florida models .
– Can we add value to the current Teradata decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Think of your Teradata project. what are the main functions?
– Why should we adopt a Teradata framework?
Ticker symbol Critical Criteria:
Graph Ticker symbol projects and research ways can we become the Ticker symbol company that would put us out of business.
– What are internal and external Teradata relations?
– How will you measure your Teradata effectiveness?
– What will drive Teradata change?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Dissect Social media governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Social media skills.
– When you use social media to complain about a Customer Service issue, how often do you feel you get an answer or your complaint is resolved by the company?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Teradata. How do we gain traction?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Do you have written guidelines for your use of social media and its use by your employees?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Teradata moving forward?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How does social media redefine business intelligence?
– How is social media changing category management?
AT&T Submarine Systems Critical Criteria:
Differentiate AT&T Submarine Systems projects and report on developing an effective AT&T Submarine Systems strategy.
– How do we Lead with Teradata in Mind?
– Are we Assessing Teradata and Risk?
Hawaiian Telcom Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Hawaiian Telcom failures and oversee Hawaiian Telcom requirements.
– Does Teradata include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– In what ways are Teradata vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Teradata Management?
Big Data Partnership Critical Criteria:
Mix Big Data Partnership decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are the usability implications of Teradata actions?
– What are the long-term Teradata goals?
The Hindu Critical Criteria:
Systematize The Hindu adoptions and optimize The Hindu leadership as a key to advancement.
– Think about the functions involved in your Teradata project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Can we do Teradata without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we go about Comparing Teradata approaches/solutions?
Symbios Logic Critical Criteria:
Match Symbios Logic strategies and catalog Symbios Logic activities.
– Consider your own Teradata project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Teradata strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is there a Teradata Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
NCR 53C9x Critical Criteria:
Be clear about NCR 53C9x visions and differentiate in coordinating NCR 53C9x.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Teradata project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Teradata services/products?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Teradata activities?
Pacific Telesis Critical Criteria:
Investigate Pacific Telesis issues and create a map for yourself.
– What business benefits will Teradata goals deliver if achieved?
– What threat is Teradata addressing?
Frontier California Critical Criteria:
Drive Frontier California quality and innovate what needs to be done with Frontier California.
– Among the Teradata product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we go about Securing Teradata?
– What are current Teradata Paradigms?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Amazon Web Services governance and explore and align the progress in Amazon Web Services.
– In a project to restructure Teradata outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Telcordia Technologies tasks and cater for concise Telcordia Technologies education.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Teradata products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Teradata project?
NCR Book Award Critical Criteria:
Detail NCR Book Award strategies and don’t overlook the obvious.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Teradata models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Teradata does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Teradata study?
Advanced American Telephones Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Advanced American Telephones decisions and spearhead techniques for implementing Advanced American Telephones.
– Does Teradata analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
United States Naval Computing Machine Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Refer to United States Naval Computing Machine Laboratory outcomes and drive action.
– What is the source of the strategies for Teradata strengthening and reform?
– Are there recognized Teradata problems?
Regional Bell Operating Company Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Regional Bell Operating Company failures and define what our big hairy audacious Regional Bell Operating Company goal is.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Teradata workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are our Teradata Processes?
Teradata Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Teradata issues and drive action.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Teradata project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Teradata project lifecycle?
– What are the key elements of your Teradata performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
NCR Voyager Critical Criteria:
Test NCR Voyager results and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive NCR Voyager decisions.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Teradata ?
– What is our formula for success in Teradata ?
– How would one define Teradata leadership?
Frontier Southwest Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Frontier Southwest results and maintain Frontier Southwest for success.
– Does the Teradata task fit the clients priorities?
AT&T Corporation Critical Criteria:
Infer AT&T Corporation results and forecast involvement of future AT&T Corporation projects in development.
– Who needs to know about Teradata ?
– How do we maintain Teradatas Integrity?
YP Holdings Critical Criteria:
Refer to YP Holdings management and assess what counts with YP Holdings that we are not counting.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Teradata?
NCR CRAM Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on NCR CRAM outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for NCR CRAM.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Teradata?
– Does Teradata appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What about Teradata Analysis of results?
Southern New England Telephone Critical Criteria:
Align Southern New England Telephone projects and look at the big picture.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Teradata objectives?
– Are assumptions made in Teradata stated explicitly?
San Diego Critical Criteria:
Illustrate San Diego strategies and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we all define Teradata in the same way?
– Is the scope of Teradata defined?
Graybar Electric Company Critical Criteria:
Consider Graybar Electric Company quality and sort Graybar Electric Company activities.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Teradata forward?
– How to Secure Teradata?
Unix System Laboratories Critical Criteria:
Administer Unix System Laboratories governance and catalog what business benefits will Unix System Laboratories goals deliver if achieved.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Teradata processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Teradata needs?
Transaction Management eXecutive Critical Criteria:
Graph Transaction Management eXecutive visions and probe Transaction Management eXecutive strategic alliances.
– Will Teradata have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
South Park Historic District Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on South Park Historic District failures and oversee South Park Historic District management by competencies.
Patterson Homestead Critical Criteria:
Frame Patterson Homestead projects and probe the present value of growth of Patterson Homestead.
Carbonless copy paper Critical Criteria:
Categorize Carbonless copy paper quality and find the essential reading for Carbonless copy paper researchers.
– Do we have past Teradata Successes?
Massively parallel Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Massively parallel outcomes and mentor Massively parallel customer orientation.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Teradata in a volatile global economy?
Copient Technologies Critical Criteria:
Graph Copient Technologies risks and oversee Copient Technologies requirements.
– Which customers cant participate in our Teradata domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do those selected for the Teradata team have a good general understanding of what Teradata is all about?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Teradata? There might be some that are less obvious?
Miamisburg, Ohio Critical Criteria:
Coach on Miamisburg, Ohio quality and document what potential Miamisburg, Ohio megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Teradata experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
S&P 400 Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate S&P 400 planning and track iterative S&P 400 results.
– Does Teradata systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Does Teradata analysis show the relationships among important Teradata factors?
QLT Consumer Lease Services Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate QLT Consumer Lease Services goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple QLT Consumer Lease Services skills.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Teradata process?
– Is Teradata dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
NCR 315 Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over NCR 315 tasks and attract NCR 315 skills.
– Which Teradata goals are the most important?
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings Critical Criteria:
Dissect Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings adoptions and summarize a clear Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings focus.
– How do we measure improved Teradata service perception, and satisfaction?
4Front Technologies Critical Criteria:
Examine 4Front Technologies management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive 4Front Technologies services.
– Is there any existing Teradata governance structure?
American Stores Critical Criteria:
Analyze American Stores engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of American Stores.
Column-oriented DBMS Critical Criteria:
Investigate Column-oriented DBMS engagements and change contexts.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Teradata, including any consulting or professional services?
Agere Systems Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Agere Systems failures and plan concise Agere Systems education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Teradata process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Teradata process available?
Dayton, Ohio Critical Criteria:
Graph Dayton, Ohio risks and find the essential reading for Dayton, Ohio researchers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Teradata processes?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Enterprise software issues and document what potential Enterprise software megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Teradata values?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Teradata process?
– Do we monitor the Teradata decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Software as a service goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Software as a service results.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Teradata leaders?
NCR Corporation Critical Criteria:
Confer over NCR Corporation management and get out your magnifying glass.
National Cash Register Building Critical Criteria:
Have a session on National Cash Register Building planning and know what your objective is.
– How do we Identify specific Teradata investment and emerging trends?
AT&T Broadband Critical Criteria:
Disseminate AT&T Broadband failures and summarize a clear AT&T Broadband focus.
California Institute of Technology Critical Criteria:
Learn from California Institute of Technology engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple California Institute of Technology skills.
DBC 1012 Critical Criteria:
Match DBC 1012 tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive DBC 1012 services.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Teradata? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Teradata deliverables?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Microsoft Azure management and observe effective Microsoft Azure.
NCR 304 Critical Criteria:
Communicate about NCR 304 tactics and oversee implementation of NCR 304.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Teradata leader?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Look at Microsoft SQL Server engagements and proactively manage Microsoft SQL Server risks.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Teradata is underway?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– Are there Teradata problems defined?
U S WEST Critical Criteria:
Rank U S WEST projects and look in other fields.
– How likely is the current Teradata plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Verizon Communications Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Verizon Communications management and track iterative Verizon Communications results.
– Is the Teradata organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How much does Teradata help?
NCR Self-Service Critical Criteria:
Focus on NCR Self-Service management and acquire concise NCR Self-Service education.
– To what extent does management recognize Teradata as a tool to increase the results?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Teradata Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Teradata External links:
title | Teradata Downloads
column title | Teradata Downloads
Add title to view column – Teradata Community
Hawthorn Hill External links:
Hawthorn Hill – Home | Facebook
Hawthorn Hill – Dayton History
Documents | Hawthorn Hill Elementary
Britton Lee, Inc. External links:
Britton Lee, Inc. – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Britton Lee, Inc.
Britton Lee, Inc. | IT History Society
NCR Century 100 External links:
NCR Century 100 | Women and Retro Computers | Pinterest
NCR Century 100 – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/NCR Century 100
NCR Century 100 – WOW.com
Tyco International External links:
Tyco International Ltd. – The New York Times
[PDF]Tyco International: Leadership Crisis
Tyco International on the Forbes Global 2000 List
Dex Media External links:
886 Dex Media reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
DEX MEDIA | VERIFIED MEDIA – We Build Businesses
Ticker symbol External links:
Ticker Symbol Lookup – NASDAQ.com
Simulator How-To Guide: Ticker Symbol Look Up
Citi | Investor Relations | Citigroup Stock – Ticker Symbol C
Social media External links:
Social Media Center – City of Madera
Social Media Engagement App | Post Planner
Hawaiian Telcom External links:
Hawaiian Telcom Holdco, Inc. Common Stock (HCOM) – NASDAQ.com
Hawaiian Telcom Benefits Enrollment
Hawaiian Telcom Login
Big Data Partnership External links:
Nick Beare – Board Advisor @ Big Data Partnership | …
The Hindu External links:
Welcome To The Hindu BusinessLine
Homepage – The Hindu Society of North Carolina (HSNC)
Symbios Logic External links:
Supmicro Endorses Symbios Logic I20 Products
LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064 PCI-X Fusion-MPT …
Frontier California External links:
Frontier California Gold Rush White Bean Chili
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Simple Monthly Calculator
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
Telcordia Technologies Careers | CareerBliss
NCR Book Award External links:
NCR Book Award Winners – Goodreads
NCR Book Award images, pictures, videos & interesting facts
NCR Book Award | Book awards | LibraryThing
Advanced American Telephones External links:
Amazon.com: Advanced American Telephones
Advanced American Telephones – Phone Accessories at …
United States Naval Computing Machine Laboratory External links:
United States Naval Computing Machine Laboratory – …
Regional Bell Operating Company External links:
Regional Bell Operating Company – WOW.com
Regional Bell Operating Company – Download.com
Regional Bell Operating Company – news and …
Teradata External links:
title | Teradata Downloads
Add title to view column – Teradata Community
title stack | Teradata Downloads
Frontier Southwest External links:
Used Nissan Frontier Southwest MI – Cole Auto
Texas Ranger: Jack Hays in the Frontier Southwest
YP Holdings External links:
YP Holdings | District 6
San Diego External links:
Graybar Electric Company External links:
Hall V. Graybar Electric Company, Inc. – N-D-IL
Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Executives, …
Unix System Laboratories External links:
Books by UNIX System Laboratories (Author of Graphic …
USL abbreviation stands for Unix System Laboratories
UNIX System Laboratories (Author of Graphic User …
Patterson Homestead External links:
Patterson Homestead Open House | WDTN
Patterson Homestead – Dayton Convention & Visitors Bureau
Patterson Homestead – Home | Facebook
Carbonless copy paper External links:
NCR Paper | Carbonless Copy Paper | NCR Carbonless …
NCR Carbonless Copy Paper Manufacturers&Suppliers
[PDF]Carbonless Copy Paper
Massively parallel External links:
[PDF]A Massively Parallel Reporter Assay of 3′ UTR …
Massively Parallel Processing (DW)—a Technical …
IBM Demos In-Memory Massively Parallel Computing | …
Copient Technologies External links:
Copient Technologies – Official Site
Miamisburg, Ohio External links:
Plaza Theatre | Miamisburg, Ohio
Miamisburg, Ohio Current Local Time and Time Zone
Bear Creek Donuts, Miamisburg, Ohio. 6.3K likes. Custom Donuts and Gourmet Coffee!
QLT Consumer Lease Services External links:
QLT Consumer Lease Services
Corded Phones | QLT Consumer Lease Services, Inc.
QLT Consumer Lease Services – Revdex.com
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings External links:
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings – Infogalactic: …
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings
4Front Technologies External links:
4frontech.com – 4front technologies
4front-tech.com – 4Front Technologies
www.Opensound.com | Opensound – 4Front Technologies
American Stores External links:
Gap to close 175 North American stores – Jun. 15, 2015
Products – The American Stores of Trinidad & Tobago
American Stores Trinidad & Tobago – Home | Facebook
Column-oriented DBMS External links:
Column-oriented DBMS |THWACK
ClickHouse — open source distributed column-oriented DBMS
Paper Review: C-Store: A column-oriented DBMS
Agere Systems External links:
AGERE SYSTEMS INC (AGR’A) IPO – NASDAQ.com
[PDF]AGERE SYSTEMS, INC., – Eastern District of …
Agere Systems HDA Modem by LSI – Should I Remove It?
Dayton, Ohio External links:
M&M Title Company serving Dayton, Ohio Realtors and …
Enterprise software External links:
Medical Record Services & Enterprise Software for …
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Software as a Service | Accenture
NCR Corporation External links:
NCR Corporation Common Stock Historical Stock Prices
NCR Corporation – Google+
NCR Corporation – Home | Facebook
National Cash Register Building External links:
National Cash Register building :: Image Collections
National Cash Register Building, 1939 NY World’s Fair | Flickr
National Cash Register Building – WOW.com
California Institute of Technology External links:
SCIT Southern California Institute of Technology | …
California Institute of Technology – Forbes
California Institute of Technology – Niche
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Microsoft Azure Training Courses – Microsoft Virtual Academy
Microsoft Azure Pass
NCR 304 External links:
NCR 304 – thocp.net
U S WEST External links:
[PDF]U S WEST Communications, Inc. Technical …
Verizon Communications External links:
Verizon Communications Inc. – VZ – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Verizon Communications Inc. 5.90% Notes due 2054 …
VZ – Verizon Communications Inc Stock quote – CNNMoney
NCR Self-Service External links:
NCR Self-Service Solutions