What is involved in Data Management
Find out what the related areas are that Data Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Metadata Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Metadata Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Management related domains to cover and 377 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Management, Customer data integration, ERP software, Reference data, Digital preservation, System integration, Data enrichment, Identity management, Information Lifecycle Management, Document management, Controlled vocabulary, Management fad, Data steward, Data integrity, Data maintenance, Data modeling, Identity theft, Data processing, Solution stack, Data curation, Data privacy, Data theft, Metadata discovery, Corporate Data Quality Management, Machine-Readable Documents, Information design, Information management, Data mart, Records management, Random access, Data architecture, Data Management, Data management plan, Data integration, Hierarchical storage management, Process Management, Data quality, Metadata publishing, Email address, Database management system, Extract, transform, load, Performance report, Relational database, Big data, Master data management, Data governance, Postal code, Information ladder, Data access, Computer data storage, Data cleansing, Document management system, Telephone number, Knowledge management, Data erasure, CRM software, Enterprise content management, Information architecture, Data retention, Database administration, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Business intelligence, Data analysis, Data proliferation, Data warehouse, Marketing operations, Data quality assurance, Business continuity planning, Open data, Enterprise architecture, Metadata registry:
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Frame Data Management adoptions and overcome Data Management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Which audit findings of the Data Management and reporting system warrant recommendation notes and changes to the design in order to improve Data Quality?
– If data are stored in an unusual or not generally accessible format, will they be converted to a more common format for storage or sharing?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What is the relationship between the data you are collecting and the existing data?
– What is the format of the information and what form does it need to be stored in?
– Are there any access restrictions for the data you are collecting or will serve?
– How will you ensure all staff used the same data sources and data definitions?
– Does your project or program have a specific repository for your data?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– How are operational information/Data Management decisions made?
– How does an organization know what data are important?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– What is the process for gaining access to your data?
– What other data were used to validate these data?
– Version check are the correct versions available?
– What is the configuration of the information?
– What are the functions of data management?
– What is your backup plan for the data?
– Who will work with PDM systems?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
X-ray Customer data integration engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Customer data integration.
– For your Data Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is maximizing Data Management protection the same as minimizing Data Management loss?
– How do we go about Securing Data Management?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Match ERP software failures and probe using an integrated framework to make sure ERP software is getting what it needs.
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Management?
– What is our Data Management Strategy?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Design Reference data goals and devote time assessing Reference data and its risk.
– In a project to restructure Data Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we measure improved Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Improve Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Examine Digital preservation decisions and ask what if.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Management strengthening and reform?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Transcribe System integration issues and separate what are the business goals System integration is aiming to achieve.
– What are the key elements of your Data Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Data enrichment risks and customize techniques for implementing Data enrichment controls.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How likely is the current Data Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are there Data Management problems defined?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Identity management planning and find the essential reading for Identity management researchers.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Data Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Information Lifecycle Management leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Information Lifecycle Management.
– Does Data Management analysis show the relationships among important Data Management factors?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Data Management leaders?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Document management leadership and find the ideas you already have.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Do Data Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How to deal with Data Management Changes?
– How much does Data Management help?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Chart Controlled vocabulary planning and innovate what needs to be done with Controlled vocabulary.
– Is Data Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Management fad risks and get going.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Data Management processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Management process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Management forward?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Canvass Data steward results and probe Data steward strategic alliances.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– Do those selected for the Data Management team have a good general understanding of what Data Management is all about?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Management opportunities costing us money?
– Other data stewards?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Data integrity planning and find out what it really means.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data Management ?
– How will you know that the Data Management project has been successful?
– What are the long-term Data Management goals?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Track Data maintenance tactics and define what do we need to start doing with Data maintenance.
– Which customers cant participate in our Data Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we know that any Data Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Data modeling strategies and remodel and develop an effective Data modeling strategy.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Data Management into the services that we provide?
– Do we monitor the Data Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Identity theft leadership and track iterative Identity theft results.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Canvass Data processing governance and research ways can we become the Data processing company that would put us out of business.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– What are the barriers to increased Data Management production?
– How can you measure Data Management in a systematic way?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Solution stack Critical Criteria:
Check Solution stack management and probe the present value of growth of Solution stack.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Management values?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Management needs?
– What threat is Data Management addressing?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Confer over Data curation tasks and find answers.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Management with what users do day-to-day?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Data Management effort?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Frame Data privacy results and budget for Data privacy challenges.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
– How do we Lead with Data Management in Mind?
– Why are Data Management skills important?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Data theft tasks and don’t overlook the obvious.
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Frame Metadata discovery adoptions and find answers.
– Does Data Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Chart Corporate Data Quality Management tasks and integrate design thinking in Corporate Data Quality Management innovation.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are our needs in relation to Data Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Boost Machine-Readable Documents projects and plan concise Machine-Readable Documents education.
– Does Data Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Think of your Data Management project. what are the main functions?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Confer over Information design visions and summarize a clear Information design focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Data Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Data Management services/products?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Information management decisions and oversee Information management management by competencies.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– Does the Data Management task fit the clients priorities?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
Merge Data mart engagements and research ways can we become the Data mart company that would put us out of business.
– Will Data Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Records management goals and finalize specific methods for Records management acceptance.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Data Management project?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Investigate Random access decisions and oversee implementation of Random access.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Management study?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Management activities?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Data architecture quality and report on developing an effective Data architecture strategy.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– How do we manage Data Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Data Management Required?
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Align Data Management quality and gather Data Management models .
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– What file formats and naming conventions will be used for the separate data sources and for the integrated file used for analysis?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Are the data disseminated internally only or made available outside the organization?
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– If your data is stored elsewhere, how long will they provide access to your data?
– How can ethical issues be identified so that consent forms can be developed?
– In what parts of the process is it especially important to collect data?
– Who is involved in decisions about information/Data Management, and how?
– Which metadata standard will be used or will a local schema be created?
– What system, if any, provides document numbers for Training Material?
– How can an organization understand what data it needs to manage?
– What are the alternatives to local data management?
– How will the impact on sharing data be mitigated?
– Are the data required by regulatory authorities?
– How do you make your data meaningful to others?
– How will the data be checked and certified?
– What are all the likely uses for the data?
– Who is using PDM?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Data management plan governance and budget for Data management plan challenges.
– Does Data Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data Management processes of our organization?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– What business benefits will Data Management goals deliver if achieved?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– What is a data management plan?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Pilot Data integration decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– Think about the functions involved in your Data Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How do we Identify specific Data Management investment and emerging trends?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Hierarchical storage management leadership and probe the present value of growth of Hierarchical storage management.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Why should we adopt a Data Management framework?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Shape Process Management outcomes and interpret which customers can’t participate in Process Management because they lack skills.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Data Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Management deliverables?
– How can we improve Data Management?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Data quality strategies and innovate what needs to be done with Data quality.
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Are data sufficiently precise to present a fair picture of performance and enable management decision-making at the appropriate levels?
– Which quality elements and parameters do you test and what types of methods do you use to evaluate quality?
– How do you express quality with regard to making a decision from a statistical hypothesis test?
– Are there established qualitative and quantitative measures of metaData Quality?
– Accuracy: does the data accurately represent reality or a verifiable source?
– View before and after results : did the integration go the way you thought?
– What criteria should be used to assess the performance of the system?
– What is the proportion of duplicate records on the data file extract?
– Can you get full access to the data that you would like to use?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– What is the proportion of missing values for each field?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Has your tool delivered a positive roi?
– What is the goal of data management?
– What do we mean by Data Quality ?
– Why is Data Quality necessary?
– Is data flagged correctly?
– Where do you clean data?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Metadata publishing quality and figure out ways to motivate other Metadata publishing users.
– What are the usability implications of Data Management actions?
– What are current Data Management Paradigms?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Unify Email address results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Email address information.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Chat re Database management system issues and explore and align the progress in Database management system.
– Is Data Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Is there any existing Data Management governance structure?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
– How is the value delivered by Data Management being measured?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Review Extract, transform, load visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Extract, transform, load results.
– How important is Data Management to the user organizations mission?
– How can the value of Data Management be defined?
– Is the scope of Data Management defined?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Performance report leadership and oversee Performance report requirements.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Data Management process?
– Does our organization need more Data Management education?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Relational database planning and be persistent.
Big data Critical Criteria:
Reason over Big data issues and point out improvements in Big data.
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– What rules and regulations should exist about combining data about individuals into a central repository?
– Future: Given the focus on Big Data where should the Chief Executive for these initiatives report?
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– What are the primary business drivers for our initiative. What business challenges do we face?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– Does your organization have the right analytical tools to handle (big) data?
– What is the contribution of subsets of the data to the problem solution?
– Does aggregation exceed permissible need to know about an individual?
– How to visualize non-numeric data, e.g. text, icons, or images?
– Can analyses improve with better system and environment models?
– How do you handle Big Data in Analytic Applications?
– What is the limit for value as we add more data?
– From which country is your organization from?
– Overall cost (matrix, weighting, SVD, sims)?
– Wait, DevOps does not apply to Big Data?
– Who is collecting all this data?
– How robust are the results?
– Who is collecting what?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Administer Master data management issues and develop and take control of the Master data management initiative.
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Management approaches/solutions?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Confer re Data governance adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– Have standard policies and procedures about all aspects of data governance and the Data Management lifecycle, including collection, maintenance, usage and dissemination, been clearly defined and documented?
– If enterprise data were always kept fully normalized and updated for business rule changes, would any system re-writes or replacement purchases be necessary?
– Can data in your non-production environments be protected, yet still be usable for training, application development and testing?
– Are tools only acquired after requirements have been analyzed, or are major purchases sometimes made to use up year-end money?
– How is the organization kept informed of information/data governance issues or decisions?
– What is the cost (time, money, resources) associated with this new collection?
– Can it be used to validate data or does it need validation performed on it?
– Who knows the nitty-gritty details about your systems?
– When is the best time to discover data opportunities?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Why use the dgi data governance framework?
– How can data governance be implemented?
– Do you have a role in data governance?
– Who are your organizations customers?
– Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
– Where are those databases located?
– How does data governance work?
– What entity do you represent?
– Do you make daily builds?
– How do we maintain them?
Postal code Critical Criteria:
Graph Postal code strategies and create a map for yourself.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Management process available?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Analyze Information ladder visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Information ladder decisions.
Data access Critical Criteria:
Adapt Data access risks and create a map for yourself.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– Who sets the Data Management standards?
– How are data accessed?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Computer data storage results and pay attention to the small things.
– When a Data Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What will drive Data Management change?
Data cleansing Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Data cleansing leadership and grade techniques for implementing Data cleansing controls.
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Graph Document management system decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Document management system.
– How do we maintain Data Managements Integrity?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Depict Telephone number quality and differentiate in coordinating Telephone number.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Data Management project?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Trace Knowledge management outcomes and maintain Knowledge management for success.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Depict Data erasure decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Data erasure relationship management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Data Management delivery for example is new software needed?
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Audit CRM software visions and assess and formulate effective operational and CRM software strategies.
– To what extent does management recognize Data Management as a tool to increase the results?
– Have you identified your Data Management key performance indicators?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Examine Enterprise content management outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Enterprise content management.
– Consider your own Data Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Refer to Information architecture decisions and differentiate in coordinating Information architecture.
– Before diving into design, think hard about why users are searching your site, and what they want to get out of their search. Are they likely to search for certain types of information, such as specific product descriptions or staff directory entries?
– In the same way that you profile content against business goals or user needs, you can profile it according to brand alignment. Are you emphasizing content that works against your brand positioning?
– Is the solution going to generate structured, semistructured, unstructured information for its own use or for use by entities either internal or external to the enterprise?
– Is there a difference between the most important audiences (e.g., those who influence funding) and the audiences who will use the web site most frequently?
– Does it encompass all the possibilities that your site may eventually need to include?
– But what about users who do not really know what they are looking for?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of navigation?
– Are the characteristics of the generated information determined?
– Should the solution facilitate analysis of related information?
– Do Nondomain Experts Enlist the Strategies of Domain Experts?
– What is the composition of each type of information element?
– How to judge when enough information has been gathered?
– How to incorporate user preferences and past behavior?
– What are the short and long-term goals of the site?
– What plain language keywords describe this content?
– What is the single best piece of SEO advice?
– What is it that we are designing, and why?
– How would one define Data Management leadership?
– Why will people come to your site?
– How do users see the information?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Data retention failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Data retention results.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data Management project manager?
– How do we keep improving Data Management?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Database administration risks and correct Database administration management by competencies.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Data Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
– Have all basic functions of Data Management been defined?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Competence Center Corporate Data Quality failures and overcome Competence Center Corporate Data Quality skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Data Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Management processes?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Business intelligence risks and track iterative Business intelligence results.
– If on-premise software is a must, a balance of choice and simplicity is essential. When specific users are viewing and interacting with analytics, can you use a named-user licensing model that offers accessibility without the need for hardware considerations?
– Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– What are the disruptive Data Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What information can be provided in regards to a sites usage and business intelligence usage within the intranet environment?
– What are the main differences between a business intelligence team compared to a team of data scientists?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What are some of the hidden costs associated with BI initiatives?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– How do we use AI algorithms in practical applications?
– Is your software easy for IT to manage and upgrade?
– How will marketing change in the next 10 years?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– How stable is it across domains/geographies?
– What are typical data-mining applications?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– Make or buy BI Business Intelligence?
– Do you offer formal user training?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Data analysis adoptions and transcribe Data analysis as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– What about Data Management Analysis of results?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Own Data proliferation leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Data proliferation.
– What are all of our Data Management domains and what do they do?
– Is a Data Management Team Work effort in place?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Derive from Data warehouse tactics and get the big picture.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Among the Data Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Management requirements in detail?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Mix Marketing operations issues and devise Marketing operations key steps.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Management?
– Do we all define Data Management in the same way?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Data quality assurance risks and learn.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data Management?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Management is underway?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business continuity planning leadership and differentiate in coordinating Business continuity planning.
– Does Data Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Open data outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Open data information.
– What are the short and long-term Data Management goals?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Enterprise architecture governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Enterprise architecture results.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Group Metadata registry projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Metadata registry because they lack skills.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Data Management activities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Metadata Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Management External links:
UDSH Historical Data Management System – Utah
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
What is Data Management: Definition | Informatica US
Customer data integration External links:
Data Processing & Customer Data Integration (CDI) | Merkle
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. Sites site
Customer Data Integration | CDI | MuleSoft
ERP software External links:
ERP software solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Deltek Vision | ERP Software for Professional Services Firms
Reference data External links:
Fiscal Service Reference Data
Engineers Edge – Reference Data for Engineers | GD&T …
Reference data : CIBSE guide C. (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Digital preservation External links:
Digital Preservation & Curation Officer | ASU Library
Syllabus – Digital Preservation
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
Control System Integration Company – Lin & Associates, Inc.
Data enrichment External links:
Marketing Data Quality Management | Data Enrichment
Data Quality & Data Enrichment Report
Data enrichment and append – Clearbit
Identity management External links:
Intrado Identity Management Self-Service :: Log In
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
ISG – Identity Management System – Login
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
SAP Data Volume & Information Lifecycle Management
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) | Informatica US
Document management External links:
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
What Is Document Management? – msdn.microsoft.com
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Controlled vocabulary External links:
ERIC – Free Text vs. Controlled Vocabulary; A …
I Can Read It! Books | Controlled Vocabulary Books | Sonlight
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? « Boxes and Arrows
Management fad External links:
Six Sigma…a Stupid Management Fad? | NC State …
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Updated 2017
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Data steward External links:
Data Steward Salary – PayScale
http://A data steward is a person responsible for the management and fitness of data elements (also known as critical data elements) – both the content and metadata. Data stewards have a specialist role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations’ entire data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
Glossary – Data Steward – Bighorn
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
[PDF]IMPROVING TITLE I DATA INTEGRITY FOR …
[PDF]Data Integrity Manager JD – laerdaltraining.com
Data maintenance External links:
Data Maintenance | Digital Data Technologies Inc
Data Maintenance Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Chapter 9 – Data Maintenance – Michigan
Data modeling External links:
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
What is data modeling? – Definition from WhatIs.com
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
Identity theft External links:
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Identity Theft Protection Service | Protect My ID
Data processing External links:
[PDF]DATA PROCESSING ASSISTANT – Michigan
Data Processing Essays – ManyEssays.com
Data Processing Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Solution stack External links:
What is solution stack? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What is a Solution Stack? – Definition from Techopedia
Nodus eStore Solution Stack Sales Tax Automation – Avalara
Data curation External links:
SPEC Kit 354: Data Curation (May 2017) – publications.arl.org
Data curation (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data privacy External links:
Data Privacy and Cyber security | Mass.gov
Student Data Privacy | New York State Education Department
Data Privacy statement – ABB Group
Data theft External links:
RCW 9A.90.100: Electronic data theft.
Metadata discovery External links:
Improved Metadata Discovery process performance in …
Metadata discovery – Revolvy
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
Corporate data quality management: From theory to …
Framework for Corporate Data Quality Management …
Information design External links:
The Importance of Information Design – Newfangled
Adjunct Lecturer, Information Design & Corporate Communication
Information design (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Information management External links:
[PDF]Information Management Information Assurance – …
Property Information Management System
Home | Information Management
Data mart External links:
[PDF]Meta-data and Data Mart solutions for better …
California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office – Data Mart
UNC Data Mart – University of North Carolina
Records management External links:
Title and Records Management | Loan Portfolio Servicing
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
National Archives Records Management Information Page
Random access External links:
Random access file (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Random Access Memories by Daft Punk on Apple Music
“Flash Gordon” Random Access (TV Episode 2007) – IMDb
Data architecture External links:
Data Architecture Summit
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Data Management External links:
ZOLL – Data Management Software
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
Data management plan External links:
Metadata for Data: Data Management Plan | NCSU Libraries
[PDF]What is a data management plan – Medical Research …
Data Management Plan Examples | NCSU Libraries
Data integration External links:
PPT – Data integration PowerPoint Presentation – ID:4073218
Data Integration Toolkit at dnb.com (Toolkit Home)
IBM Data Integration – IBM Analytics
Hierarchical storage management External links:
[PDF]Hierarchical Storage Management System Evaluation
Which Hierarchical Storage Management system does …
What is HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)?
Process Management External links:
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
http://Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or. a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement and management system).
Emerson Process Management, Process Systems
Data quality External links:
ISO Data Quality – NOAA Environmental Data Management …
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data quality (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Email address External links:
Search & Lookup Email Addresses for Anyone | Intelius
Database management system External links:
Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
Database Management System (DBMS) – Techopedia.com
Kuder Administrative Database Management System – …
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia Definition
ETL (Extract, transform, load) Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
Performance report External links:
Open Ratings Past Performance Report Results
Uniform Bank Performance Report (UPBR) Availability …
Public ADS-B Performance Report
Relational database External links:
Cloud SQL – MySQL & PostgreSQL Relational Database …
Relational Databases – ScienceDirect
Relational Database Design and Implementation – …
Big data External links:
Event Hubs – Cloud big data solutions | Microsoft Azure
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Master data management External links:
MDM Platform | Master Data Management Platform | Profisee
Master Data Management/PIM Advisory & Implementation
Data governance External links:
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data Governance Jobs | Glassdoor
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
Postal code External links:
Honduras Zip Codes – Postal Code
AAA ZIP/Postal Code
FedEx | Zip/Postal Code Lookup
Data access External links:
MN Public Health Data Access Portal
Soil Data Access – Home
Colorado State Courts – Data Access – Home
Computer data storage External links:
ELSYM5 Manual | Computer Data Storage | Materials
Computer Data Storage Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data cleansing External links:
IMA Ltd. | MRO Material Master Data Cleansing and …
Data Cleansing Solution – Salesforce.com
Data cleansing – SlideShare
Document management system External links:
SKYSITE – Document Management System Software for …
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management System – Login
Institutional Knowledge Management
Lucidea | Knowledge Management Software
Data erasure External links:
Secure and Certified Data Erasure Software — BitRaser
Data Erasure & Data Compliance | Xtech Global
Enterprise Data Erasure
CRM software External links:
CRM Software For Outside Sales Teams | Telenotes
Simple CRM Software – Highrise
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
Enterprise content management External links:
Best Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Software in …
Enterprise Content Management Software | Laserfiche
What is Enterprise Content Management (ECM)?
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Data retention External links:
Data Retention – AbeBooks
[DOC]Data Retention Policy – hr.waddell.com
[PDF]Data Retention and Destruction Policy
Database administration External links:
DBArtisan | Database Administration Solution
Oracle Database Administration for Absolute Beginners
What is Database Administration? – Definition from …
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality | CDQ AG – …
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) – …
Business intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence & Analytics, BI Software – Birst
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Data analysis External links:
Data36 – Blog about Data Science and Online Data Analysis
Home | The SPRINT Data Analysis Challenge
Data Analysis in Excel – Easy Excel Tutorial
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
Data warehouse External links:
Cloud Data Warehouse | Snowflake
Data Warehouse Specialist Salaries – Salary.com
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Apply For Careers Marketing Operations Director – …
Data quality assurance External links:
Data quality assurance – SearchDataManagement
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Open data External links:
data.pa.gov | PA Open Data Portal
State of Texas Open Data Portal
State of New York | Open Data | Open Data NY
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Metadata registry External links:
Aristotle Metadata Registry · GitHub
Home – Aristotle Open Metadata Registry
ERIC – Distributed Interoperable Metadata Registry; How …