What is involved in Infrastructure Services
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure Services related domains to cover and 407 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure Services, Change management, Program management, Business Service Management, Service Level Agreement, Event Management, Performance engineering, IT service continuity, Incident Management, Risk analysis, Configuration management database, ISO/IEC 20000, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, Information security, Knowledge management, Information and communication technologies, Configuration item, Business continuity planning, Business case, Service level requirement, Functional Management, Office of Government Commerce, RACI matrix, IT service management, TM Forum, Agile software development, Business impact analysis, Configuration management system, Information Management, Call for bids, Deming Cycle, Service catalog, Enterprise architecture, Cabinet Office, Help desk, Enterprise life cycle, Information and Communication Technology, 5 Whys, Identity management, Six Sigma, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Application Services Library, Secondary support level, Service-level agreement, Application Management, Fishbone diagram, Software asset management, Service level, Granular configuration automation, Ishikawa diagram, ITIL security management, Infrastructure Services, Demand management, The Stationery Office, ITIL/service design package, Capacity management, Change request, Service portfolio management, Configuration management, Definitive Media Library, Financial management for IT services, Service Desk, Tertiary support level, Computer security, Call centre, Point of contact, Business Information Services Library, Release management:
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Add value to Infrastructure Services adoptions and transcribe Infrastructure Services as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Infrastructure Services strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are there internal organizational issues to address to increase our comfort level with using shared infrastructure services?
– Are assumptions made in Infrastructure Services stated explicitly?
– Does Infrastructure Services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Test Change management issues and budget for Change management challenges.
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– Business Change and Training Manager responsibilities include Planning, coordinating and implementing an Organizational Change Management Plan?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Consult on Program management failures and get going.
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Which objectives and strategies are likely to be the most effective feasible in the context in which the program will operate?
– Have people who have had contact with the program sought further information or expressed interest in it or its activities?
– Have any other contributing factors emerged from consultations with the target group which were not previously identified?
– Did the change(s) occur evenly across the target group, or did some groups respond differently to others?
– What are the costs and benefits (direct and indirect) of allocating resources to modify the program?
– Have circumstances changed so there are new opportunities the program can take advantage of?
– Can the findings or recommendations be used as a basis for training and skill development?
– Have any strategies helped create or increase a demand from the target group for change?
– Do the expected outcomes justify the level of resources required to run the program?
– How can middle or senior management support for sustaining the program be achieved?
– Are programs just scale-ups of projects, or do they represent something unique?
– Is there community support to sustain parts, or all of, the program?
– Have any changes occurred which could reduce external support?
– Would they be interested in working jointly on the program?
– How do you let your manager know you are doing a good job?
– What will motivate others to sustain the program?
– Did the program reach the desired target group?
– Were the training materials reviewed?
– Why Program Management guidelines?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Infer Business Service Management outcomes and reduce Business Service Management costs.
– Do Infrastructure Services rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are internal and external Infrastructure Services relations?
– How would one define Infrastructure Services leadership?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Service Level Agreement projects and test out new things.
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– Are there encryption requirements, especially of off-line copies?
– What actions will be taken in the event of a serious disruption?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– Is a Service Level Agreement (sla) available?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– Who is accountable for service delivery?
– Do any copies need to be off-site?
– How will the service be delivered?
– What services are NOT included?
– How many copies are required?
– What services are provided?
– What is it going to take?
– What is Data Protection?
– How do I write an SLA?
– Who prepares the SLA?
– What is Out of Scope?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Judge Event Management management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Event Management.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Infrastructure Services process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Infrastructure Services process available?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Infrastructure Services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are current Infrastructure Services Paradigms?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Pilot Performance engineering decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis show the relationships among important Infrastructure Services factors?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Infrastructure Services project manager?
– What is our formula for success in Infrastructure Services ?
IT service continuity Critical Criteria:
Deduce IT service continuity visions and define IT service continuity competency-based leadership.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Infrastructure Services study?
– Who needs to know about Infrastructure Services ?
– What is our Infrastructure Services Strategy?
Incident Management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Incident Management adoptions and forecast involvement of future Incident Management projects in development.
– In what ways are Infrastructure Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– Do the Infrastructure Services decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Analyze Risk analysis issues and ask questions.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Infrastructure Services processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Infrastructure Services move?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
– What are the short and long-term Infrastructure Services goals?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Configuration management database goals and probe the present value of growth of Configuration management database.
– If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the sla, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– Will the change significantly degrade safety or negatively impact adequate protection of workers, the environment, or the public?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Infrastructure Services?
– What elements are to be tracked and reported for baselines and changes?
– When: when do you start to place entities under configuration control?
– A network segment is a superset of a larger network. true or false?
– What is the difference between a problem and a known error?
– Is a usq review required for the proposed change?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– What should be under configuration control?
– If yes, has the usq review been completed?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Why are Infrastructure Services skills important?
– Why is application sizing important?
– Independent verification complete?
– What is the last mile connectioin?
– Does the change involve a usq?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Read up on ISO/IEC 20000 visions and get going.
– What are specific Infrastructure Services Rules to follow?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Confer over IBM Tivoli Unified Process management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IBM Tivoli Unified Process projects.
– Is a Infrastructure Services Team Work effort in place?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information security risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information security.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Is there an information security policy to provide mgmt direction and support for information security in accordance with business requirements, relevant laws and regulations?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Infrastructure Services is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
– Have the roles and responsibilities for information security been clearly defined within the company?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into law?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Infrastructure Services?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Knowledge management projects and devise Knowledge management key steps.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– Why should we adopt a Infrastructure Services framework?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Information and communication technologies strategies and grade techniques for implementing Information and communication technologies controls.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Infrastructure Services is underway?
– Is Infrastructure Services Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Lead with Infrastructure Services in Mind?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Configuration item goals and handle a jump-start course to Configuration item.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Infrastructure Services strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– Do we all define Infrastructure Services in the same way?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How will configuration items be identified?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Business continuity planning management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business continuity planning decisions.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Infrastructure Services processes?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– How do we know that any Infrastructure Services analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Business case decisions and oversee Business case management by competencies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Infrastructure Services. How do we gain traction?
– Does Infrastructure Services systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Deduce Service level requirement leadership and get going.
– For your Infrastructure Services project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Infrastructure Services requirements in detail?
– Is Infrastructure Services Required?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Functional Management adoptions and look at the big picture.
– Do those selected for the Infrastructure Services team have a good general understanding of what Infrastructure Services is all about?
– How to deal with Infrastructure Services Changes?
Office of Government Commerce Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Office of Government Commerce governance and point out improvements in Office of Government Commerce.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Infrastructure Services strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is Effective Infrastructure Services?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Disseminate RACI matrix projects and get going.
– What is the source of the strategies for Infrastructure Services strengthening and reform?
– Why is Infrastructure Services important for you now?
– How can the value of Infrastructure Services be defined?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Test IT service management goals and create a map for yourself.
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– If we could not clearly quantify where the benefits were, we would then start getting lots of questions: why are you doing it because we could be spending the money elsewhere?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– How do you actually go about identifying, defining and then managing a set of services that make sense?
– Why do many organizations stumble or fail in their initial attempts at implementing itsm practices?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your it Service Management capabilities?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– What element of the it Service Management lifecycle are you currently focused on?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– Is the service provider eligible for certification under the scheme?
– Does our organization need more Infrastructure Services education?
– Are you thinking about implementing ITIL standards based tools?
– How many employees are in your company worldwide?
– Do you have a growing list of overdue incidents?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– What is Service Management?
– Where does the data reside?
– How is it integrated?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Audit TM Forum leadership and track iterative TM Forum results.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Infrastructure Services been identified and analyzed?
– Is Supporting Infrastructure Services documentation required?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Consider Agile software development tactics and know what your objective is.
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– Think of your Infrastructure Services project. what are the main functions?
– what is the difference between Agile Development and Lean UX?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– What about large teams?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
– What is ASD to us?
Business impact analysis Critical Criteria:
Face Business impact analysis engagements and acquire concise Business impact analysis education.
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Infrastructure Services Management?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Configuration management system governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Configuration management system and constraints.
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– How to Secure Infrastructure Services?
Information Management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Information Management strategies and get answers.
– Which customers cant participate in our Infrastructure Services domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Infrastructure Services opportunities costing us money?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Infrastructure Services project?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Check Call for bids adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Call for bids is getting what it needs.
– What are the barriers to increased Infrastructure Services production?
– Are there Infrastructure Services problems defined?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Depict Deming Cycle quality and gather Deming Cycle models .
– What is the total cost related to deploying Infrastructure Services, including any consulting or professional services?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Mine Service catalog strategies and sort Service catalog activities.
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– What are the usability implications of Infrastructure Services actions?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Enterprise architecture failures and question.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– Have all basic functions of Infrastructure Services been defined?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– How do we keep improving Infrastructure Services?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Cabinet Office leadership and correct Cabinet Office management by competencies.
– How do we go about Comparing Infrastructure Services approaches/solutions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Infrastructure Services?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Help desk goals and pioneer acquisition of Help desk systems.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Think about the functions involved in your Infrastructure Services project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What business benefits will Infrastructure Services goals deliver if achieved?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– Are there recognized Infrastructure Services problems?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Merge Enterprise life cycle results and be persistent.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Infrastructure Services with what users do day-to-day?
– What are all of our Infrastructure Services domains and what do they do?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Information and Communication Technology visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the key elements of your Infrastructure Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What will drive Infrastructure Services change?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on 5 Whys strategies and be persistent.
– When a Infrastructure Services manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Which Infrastructure Services goals are the most important?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Identity management failures and look at the big picture.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– What are the disruptive Infrastructure Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Is Infrastructure Services dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Six Sigma visions and oversee Six Sigma management by competencies.
– Does Infrastructure Services include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How likely is the current Infrastructure Services plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Tudor IT Process Assessment tasks and look at it backwards.
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Application Services Library tactics and sort Application Services Library activities.
– How important is Infrastructure Services to the user organizations mission?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Secondary support level governance and prioritize challenges of Secondary support level.
– What vendors make products that address the Infrastructure Services needs?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Service-level agreement outcomes and finalize specific methods for Service-level agreement acceptance.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– What is the purpose of Infrastructure Services in relation to the mission?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Mine Application Management visions and proactively manage Application Management risks.
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can we improve Infrastructure Services?
Fishbone diagram Critical Criteria:
Design Fishbone diagram governance and tour deciding if Fishbone diagram progress is made.
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Software asset management governance and probe the present value of growth of Software asset management.
– How will you know that the Infrastructure Services project has been successful?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Dissect Service level quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Service level projects.
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Infrastructure Services activities?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Are short calls factored out of the denominator in your service level?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– What PMO services are included in this SLA?
– What to optimise for?
– Where is the data?
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Merge Granular configuration automation projects and find out what it really means.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Infrastructure Services? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the long-term Infrastructure Services goals?
Ishikawa diagram Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Ishikawa diagram decisions and intervene in Ishikawa diagram processes and leadership.
– Among the Infrastructure Services product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Why is Customer Service substandard?
ITIL security management Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to ITIL security management goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple ITIL security management skills.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Infrastructure Services?
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Infrastructure Services visions and get answers.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Infrastructure Services ?
– Are accountability and ownership for Infrastructure Services clearly defined?
Demand management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Demand management projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Demand management.
– Is the Infrastructure Services organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Infrastructure Services activities?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
The Stationery Office Critical Criteria:
Pilot The Stationery Office governance and reduce The Stationery Office costs.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Infrastructure Services project?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Jump start ITIL/service design package adoptions and finalize specific methods for ITIL/service design package acceptance.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Infrastructure Services forward?
– Are there Infrastructure Services Models?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Guide Capacity management engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Capacity management users.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Infrastructure Services workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Consider your own Infrastructure Services project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
Change request Critical Criteria:
Focus on Change request management and intervene in Change request processes and leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Infrastructure Services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Infrastructure Services experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does the suggested change request support a mandate that was not in place when the projects original scope was complete?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does a suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does the suggested change request seem to represent a necessary enhancement to the product?
– Is the requested change request a result of changes in other project(s)?
– Will the project fail if the change request is not executed?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Service portfolio management engagements and look at the big picture.
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Value Configuration management results and correct better engagement with Configuration management results.
– How do you keep the number of currently active codelines to a manageable set, and avoid growing the projects version tree too wide and too dense?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes in the design requirements been identified?
– Intent: how do you keep the changes from getting out of hand and contain the potential for errors in the build?
– Have you established document retention times in accordance with DOE 1324.2A, Records Disposition?
– What software, databases, servers, hardware, etc., are used by this service?
– How do you know that the system will still work after you make a change?
– Can we answer questions like: What else will be affected by the change?
– Has change implementation been approved by appropriate authorities?
– Are periodic effectiveness assessment done on your CM Program?
– If all requirements are not met, are deficiencies identified?
– Are currently approved revisions of documents being used?
– How is information to be collected, stored and reported?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– How and when will baselines be defined?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– Are all related scis properly updated?
– What is configuration management?
– What goes under version control?
– How much is the system evolving?
– Is this right for us?
Definitive Media Library Critical Criteria:
Explore Definitive Media Library results and acquire concise Definitive Media Library education.
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Mine Financial management for IT services results and define Financial management for IT services competency-based leadership.
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Detail Service Desk issues and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Service Desk projects.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Infrastructure Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Frame Tertiary support level visions and oversee Tertiary support level requirements.
– How can you negotiate Infrastructure Services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Adapt Computer security governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Computer security results.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– How do we manage Infrastructure Services Knowledge Management (KM)?
Call centre Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Call centre goals and find out.
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Gauge Point of contact planning and triple focus on important concepts of Point of contact relationship management.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Infrastructure Services project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Infrastructure Services project lifecycle?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Sort Business Information Services Library visions and mentor Business Information Services Library customer orientation.
Release management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Release management projects and overcome Release management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– In some projects up to 85% of the changes are performed by a small core of developers, what space for innovation is left?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– Does it Eliminate lengthy email threads trying to achieve change approval?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– How well are os projects documented?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– How are changes managed?
– When to buy vs. build ?
– All tasks complete?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure Services External links:
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Change management External links:
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Change management experts -Change Management …
DCCA Change Management
Program management External links:
GHIN Handicap Program Management
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
Business Service Management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
What is business service management? Webopedia …
Business Service Management (BSM)
Service Level Agreement External links:
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
Event Management External links:
Gather – Private Event Management Software for …
Superior event management for gamers | Warhorn
RegFox Event Management Software
Performance engineering External links:
Treadstone Performance Engineering Inc. – Official Site
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
IT service continuity External links:
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management Business Impact …
http://itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/ITSM BIA Process v1.2-1.pdf
[PDF]It Service Continuity Management Strategy Pdf – …
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management
Incident Management External links:
[PDF]Incident Management (IM) Working Group – FEMA.gov
IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) …
Enterprise Incident Management
Risk analysis External links:
What is Risk Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Full Monte Project Risk Analysis from Barbecana
SEC.gov | About the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
ISO/IEC 20000 – Guia de bolsillo. (eBook, 2006) …
[PDF]ISO/IEC 20000 overview
ISO/IEC 20000. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
[PDF]IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP): Connecting the Dots
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
IBM Tivoli Unified Process – IT hooldus üle Eesti
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Federal Information Security Management Act – NIST
Knowledge management External links:
cSubs – Subscription & Knowledge Management …
Knowledge Management System – Login
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
Configuration item External links:
MIL-HDBK-61A 5.3 Configuration Items
Configuration items in Service Manager | Microsoft Docs
Configuration Items | What Is a CMDB? | InformIT
Business case External links:
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business Case Template – MyManagementGuide.com
Preparing An Effective Business Case – Ontario
Service level requirement External links:
ITIL Definition: Service Level Requirement
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
The Service Level Requirement Toolkit – YouTube
Functional Management External links:
Functional management. (Continually updated resource, …
What is FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT – The Law Dictionary
functional management, selection process, Management …
Office of Government Commerce External links:
AbeBooks.com: Service Operation Book (9780113310463) by Office of Government Commerce and a great selection of similar New, Used and …
RACI matrix External links:
[XLS]RACI Matrix: Requirements Phase – UC Santa Cruz
[XLS]RACI Matrix – Medicaid 1115 Waiver, Texas Region 10 RHP
[XLS]RACI Matrix – TidyForm.com
IT service management External links:
ServiceAide: ITSM Tools – IT Service Management …
ITIL | IT Service Management | ITSM | AXELOS
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum IoE Infocus
Home | TM Forum Action Week
Home | TM Forum Live
Agile software development External links:
Introducing Agile Software Development
Business impact analysis External links:
[PDF]Business Impact Analysis – OhioBWC
Business Impact Analysis | Ready.gov
Business Impact Analysis Worksheet | FEMA.gov
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Information Management External links:
Home | Information Management
Health Information Management (HIM) Education and …
Call for bids External links:
[PDF]PIERCE COUNTY CALL FOR BIDS BR #28183-A – 8TH …
0901 Call For Bids – Keys News
[PDF]CALL FOR BIDS KITSAP COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF …
https://spf.kitsapgov.com/pw/Documents/CRP 1591 Call For Bids.pdf
Deming Cycle External links:
[PDF]Deming Cycle (PDCA Cycle) – ManagementMania
Deming Cycle – Everything2.com
Deming Cycle – Change Management Consultant
Service catalog External links:
www.disa.mil › Service Catalog
http://DISA’s service offerings, including rates/pricing information.
CA Service Catalog – itsd.iilg.com
Service Catalog – Manhattan College
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge (EABOK) | Home
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Help desk External links:
ND University System Help Desk | NDUS CTS
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
Enterprise life cycle External links:
What is ENTERPRISE LIFE CYCLE? What does …
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
5 Whys External links:
5 Whys – Problem-Solving Skills From MindTools.com
5 Whys – A Problem Solving Technique – Revolution …
[PDF]“The 5 Whys” – Massachusetts Department of …
Identity management External links:
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
identity management jobs | Dice.com
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Six Sigma External links:
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Get CSSGB Certified – ASQ
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
What is TIPA® (Tudor IT Process Assessment)? – YouTube
Tudor IT Process Assessment: Third Edition
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Tudor IT Process Assessment
Application Services Library External links:
Application Services Library (ASL)
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Admissions Home
Application Management – Concord University
Fishbone diagram External links:
Fishbone Diagram (Cause and Effect Diagram) – QI …
1.7 Fishbone Diagram Flashcards | Quizlet
What is fishbone diagram? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Software asset management External links:
UWM Software Asset Management | Software Asset Management
Software Asset Management – Tools & products
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
Service level External links:
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
DTI Service Level Dashboard
Granular configuration automation External links:
What does granular configuration automation mean?
http://www.definitions.net/definition/granular configuration automation
ITIL security management External links:
Findings: ITIL Security Management Module Can Add …
ITIL Security Management – W3J.Com
ITIL Security Management – The Art of Service
Infrastructure Services External links:
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Demand management External links:
System Dashboard – JIRA – Demand Management
[PPT]DEMAND MANAGEMENT – Kişisel Sayfalar
Demand Management Research Paper Example | Topics …
The Stationery Office External links:
Dec 27, 2017 · The Stationery Office Limited company research & investing information. Find executives and the latest company news.
http://M/S. The Stationery Office Limited. – panjiva.com
ITIL Service Design by The Stationery Office – Goodreads
M/S. The Stationery Office Limited. – panjiva.com
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management primary goal is to ensure that IT resources are right-sized to meet current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner.
http://Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Change request External links:
What is change request? – Definition from WhatIs.com
GEICO Homeowner Mortgagee Inquiry and Change Request
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management | ServiceNow Community
Service Portfolio Management – Optimizing IT Business …
Configuration management External links:
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Configuration Management | IpX
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Definitive Media Library External links:
Definitive Media Library (DML) definitions – Defined Term
DML abbreviation stands for Definitive Media Library
Definitive Media Library (DML) | BMC Communities
Financial management for IT services External links:
Financial Management for IT services by Ivan Flores on Prezi
Service Desk External links:
IT Service Desk Live Chat – Delta Air Lines
Service Desk Home – fmPilot
Welcome to BMC Service Desk Express
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
NIST Computer Security Resource Center | CSRC
Avast Store | All Computer Security Products & Services
Call centre External links:
Call Centre and Customer Service Jobs Cork, Ireland
Call Centre Helper – Official Site
Call Centre Software | Cloud Contact Centre | Five9
Point of contact External links:
State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) | opgs
USCG NSF OSRO Point of Contact Report Page
One Point of Contact | The City of Portland, Oregon
Release management External links:
COT – CIO-101 Enterprise Release Management Policy