What is involved in ZigBee
Find out what the related areas are that ZigBee connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a ZigBee thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its ZigBee journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward ZigBee leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which ZigBee related domains to cover and 118 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
ZigBee, Associativity-based Routing, Academic journal, Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules, Direct-sequence spread spectrum, FOUNDATION fieldbus, Ethernet Global Data Protocol, XAP Home Automation protocol, Bit rate, HostLink Protocol, CAN bus, Near field communication, Common Industrial Protocol, Bluetooth mesh networking, Wi-Fi Alliance, European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks, Dynamic Source Routing, Power consumption, Internet Protocol, Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet, Duty cycle, Local Interconnect Network, IEC 61850, Computer hardware, GNU General Public Licence, Wireless ad hoc network, Ethernet Powerlink, Automatic meter reading, SAE International, Digital circuit, Keyword Protocol 2000, Electric beacon, Unified Diagnostic Services, SERCOS interface, Home energy monitor, Routing protocol, Digital Signal Interface, Symmetric-key algorithm, SERCOS III, The Register, One-way encryption, Wireless powerline sensor, XPL Protocol, IEC 60870-6, Industrial control system, OPC Unified Architecture, Software license, SAE J1587:
ZigBee Critical Criteria:
Incorporate ZigBee leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough ZigBee results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing ZigBee project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the ZigBee project lifecycle?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a ZigBee strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Associativity-based Routing Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Associativity-based Routing tactics and learn.
– How do mission and objectives affect the ZigBee processes of our organization?
– What are the usability implications of ZigBee actions?
– What about ZigBee Analysis of results?
Academic journal Critical Criteria:
Consider Academic journal leadership and observe effective Academic journal.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in ZigBee?
– How to Secure ZigBee?
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules Critical Criteria:
Mix Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules management and pioneer acquisition of Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules systems.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a ZigBee study?
– What business benefits will ZigBee goals deliver if achieved?
Direct-sequence spread spectrum Critical Criteria:
Unify Direct-sequence spread spectrum visions and integrate design thinking in Direct-sequence spread spectrum innovation.
– What is the total cost related to deploying ZigBee, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic ZigBee objectives?
– What threat is ZigBee addressing?
FOUNDATION fieldbus Critical Criteria:
Pilot FOUNDATION fieldbus goals and point out FOUNDATION fieldbus tensions in leadership.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your ZigBee processes?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the ZigBee process?
– What are the Essentials of Internal ZigBee Management?
Ethernet Global Data Protocol Critical Criteria:
Consider Ethernet Global Data Protocol tasks and remodel and develop an effective Ethernet Global Data Protocol strategy.
– Do the ZigBee decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom ZigBee project?
XAP Home Automation protocol Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for XAP Home Automation protocol engagements and probe XAP Home Automation protocol strategic alliances.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of ZigBee that make it risky?
– Is there any existing ZigBee governance structure?
– Is ZigBee Required?
Bit rate Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Bit rate visions and find the ideas you already have.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of ZigBee into the services that we provide?
– How likely is the current ZigBee plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How can we improve ZigBee?
HostLink Protocol Critical Criteria:
Accommodate HostLink Protocol visions and acquire concise HostLink Protocol education.
– What are specific ZigBee Rules to follow?
CAN bus Critical Criteria:
Review CAN bus projects and report on developing an effective CAN bus strategy.
– What is the source of the strategies for ZigBee strengthening and reform?
– How Can Business Engage The Education Pipeline More Effectively?
– Can Business Intelligence BI meet business expectations?
Near field communication Critical Criteria:
Face Near field communication tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Near field communication.
– Does ZigBee create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How would one define ZigBee leadership?
Common Industrial Protocol Critical Criteria:
Own Common Industrial Protocol failures and improve Common Industrial Protocol service perception.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new ZigBee in a volatile global economy?
– Consider your own ZigBee project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Bluetooth mesh networking Critical Criteria:
Confer re Bluetooth mesh networking failures and describe which business rules are needed as Bluetooth mesh networking interface.
– What are current ZigBee Paradigms?
Wi-Fi Alliance Critical Criteria:
Investigate Wi-Fi Alliance governance and change contexts.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that ZigBee objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks Critical Criteria:
Audit European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks decisions and separate what are the business goals European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the people you identified for your ZigBee project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Think of your ZigBee project. what are the main functions?
Dynamic Source Routing Critical Criteria:
Deduce Dynamic Source Routing outcomes and document what potential Dynamic Source Routing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving ZigBee forward?
– Which ZigBee goals are the most important?
Power consumption Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Power consumption results and create a map for yourself.
– How is the iPod able to do one of the tasks I normally need a whole desktop PC to perform, in such a tiny amount of space and with such low power consumption?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about ZigBee. How do we gain traction?
– What potential environmental factors impact the ZigBee effort?
– Do we have a process for analysing power consumption of IT equipment?
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Mix Internet Protocol outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for Internet Protocol.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a ZigBee project?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
– How do we Identify specific ZigBee investment and emerging trends?
Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Talk about Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet tasks and do something to it.
– What are the disruptive ZigBee technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is the ZigBee organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is our ZigBee Strategy?
Duty cycle Critical Criteria:
Model after Duty cycle outcomes and separate what are the business goals Duty cycle is aiming to achieve.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these ZigBee processes?
– To what extent does management recognize ZigBee as a tool to increase the results?
Local Interconnect Network Critical Criteria:
Derive from Local Interconnect Network outcomes and get answers.
– Is ZigBee Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How will you measure your ZigBee effectiveness?
– Who sets the ZigBee standards?
IEC 61850 Critical Criteria:
Use past IEC 61850 quality and look at it backwards.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective ZigBee leader?
– In a project to restructure ZigBee outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Add value to Computer hardware management and innovate what needs to be done with Computer hardware.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of ZigBee product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we Improve ZigBee service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the short and long-term ZigBee goals?
GNU General Public Licence Critical Criteria:
Debate over GNU General Public Licence visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in GNU General Public Licence.
– How do we keep improving ZigBee?
Wireless ad hoc network Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Wireless ad hoc network management and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have all basic functions of ZigBee been defined?
Ethernet Powerlink Critical Criteria:
Examine Ethernet Powerlink decisions and change contexts.
– What is our formula for success in ZigBee ?
Automatic meter reading Critical Criteria:
Apply Automatic meter reading risks and spearhead techniques for implementing Automatic meter reading.
– How do we ensure that implementations of ZigBee products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the Key enablers to make this ZigBee move?
– What are internal and external ZigBee relations?
SAE International Critical Criteria:
Test SAE International outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling SAE International projects.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its ZigBee processes?
– Have you identified your ZigBee key performance indicators?
Digital circuit Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Digital circuit tasks and find the ideas you already have.
– What management system can we use to leverage the ZigBee experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the ZigBee process?
– When a ZigBee manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Keyword Protocol 2000 Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Keyword Protocol 2000 goals and ask what if.
– Is ZigBee dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Electric beacon Critical Criteria:
Canvass Electric beacon tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Electric beacon projects.
– Can we add value to the current ZigBee decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How can you measure ZigBee in a systematic way?
Unified Diagnostic Services Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Unified Diagnostic Services planning and create a map for yourself.
– What are the key elements of your ZigBee performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
SERCOS interface Critical Criteria:
Transcribe SERCOS interface risks and perfect SERCOS interface conflict management.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a ZigBee project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your ZigBee activities?
– Can we do ZigBee without complex (expensive) analysis?
Home energy monitor Critical Criteria:
Analyze Home energy monitor issues and attract Home energy monitor skills.
– Are there recognized ZigBee problems?
Routing protocol Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Routing protocol results and define what do we need to start doing with Routing protocol.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations ZigBee values?
– How can skill-level changes improve ZigBee?
Digital Signal Interface Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Digital Signal Interface planning and maintain Digital Signal Interface for success.
– Who needs to know about ZigBee ?
Symmetric-key algorithm Critical Criteria:
Nurse Symmetric-key algorithm planning and get the big picture.
SERCOS III Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over SERCOS III goals and optimize SERCOS III leadership as a key to advancement.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good ZigBee project manager?
The Register Critical Criteria:
Analyze The Register goals and observe effective The Register.
– Why is ZigBee important for you now?
One-way encryption Critical Criteria:
Use past One-way encryption governance and report on setting up One-way encryption without losing ground.
– How do we go about Securing ZigBee?
– Are there ZigBee Models?
Wireless powerline sensor Critical Criteria:
Chart Wireless powerline sensor management and oversee implementation of Wireless powerline sensor.
– What are our needs in relation to ZigBee skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How is the value delivered by ZigBee being measured?
XPL Protocol Critical Criteria:
Scan XPL Protocol projects and drive action.
– How will you know that the ZigBee project has been successful?
IEC 60870-6 Critical Criteria:
Infer IEC 60870-6 quality and devote time assessing IEC 60870-6 and its risk.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to ZigBee? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if ZigBee does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Industrial control system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Industrial control system planning and ask questions.
– Among the ZigBee product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does the ZigBee task fit the clients priorities?
OPC Unified Architecture Critical Criteria:
Debate over OPC Unified Architecture risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in OPC Unified Architecture because they lack skills.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of ZigBee?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Software license failures and secure Software license creativity.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
SAE J1587 Critical Criteria:
Huddle over SAE J1587 visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the long-term ZigBee goals?
– Do we all define ZigBee in the same way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the ZigBee Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
ZigBee External links:
[PDF]Book Title: ZigBee Network Protocols and …
Hands-On ZigBee – ScienceDirect
ZigBee: Wireless Technology – interiorsandsources.com
Associativity-based Routing External links:
CiteSeerX — Associativity-Based Routing For Ad-Hoc …
Academic journal External links:
LEO « The official academic journal of St. Mark’s School
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules External links:
About: Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules – DBpedia
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules – WOW.com
FOUNDATION fieldbus External links:
Ethernet Global Data Protocol External links:
Ethernet Global Data Protocol – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Ethernet Global Data Protocol
Ethernet Global Data Protocol
http://Ethernet Global Data (EGD) is a protocol that enables producer (server) to share a portion of its memory to all the consumers (clients) at a scheduled periodic rate. This protocol is developed for GE Fanuc PLCs to exchange data between PLCs / GE Drive Systems / GE HMI systems. The protocol uses UDP over Ethernet layers for exchanging the data.
XAP Home Automation protocol External links:
On use of xAP Home Automation Protocol for networking …
XAP Home Automation protocol – update.revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/XAP Home Automation protocol
On use of xAP Home Automation Protocol for networking …
Bit rate External links:
Which MP3 bit rate should I use? – CNET
Bit Rate Throttling Configuration Walkthrough | …
CAN bus External links:
A Brief Explanation of CAN Bus – SewellDirect.com
CAN BUS Tutorial – Embedded Systems Learning Academy
Near field communication External links:
NFC Guide: All You Need to Know About Near Field Communication
Common Industrial Protocol External links:
Common Industrial Protocol – …
Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) Identity Object …
Wi-Fi Alliance External links:
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast | Wi-Fi Alliance
Wi-Fi Alliance – Official Site
Login | Wi-Fi Alliance
European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks External links:
European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks – …
European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks – …
European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks – …
Dynamic Source Routing External links:
Dynamic source routing in ad hoc wireless networks – …
[PDF]Dynamic Source Routing (DSR)
[PDF]Dynamic Source Routing – hu-berlin.de
Power consumption External links:
iMac power consumption and thermal output – Apple Support
TV power consumption Guide – TV.com
Internet Protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet External links:
Avionics Full-duplex switched Ethernet (AFDX): …
Avionics Full-duplex Switched Ethernet images on Photobucket
http://photobucket.com/images/avionics full-duplex switched ethernet
Duty cycle External links:
What is duty cycle? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Tutorial Duty Cycle.wmv – YouTube
[PDF]FY16 ACTIVE DUTY CYCLE 226 SELECTION BOARD …
Local Interconnect Network External links:
TLIN1029-Q1 Local Interconnect Network (LIN) …
http://www.ti.com › Interface › CAN/LIN
Local Interconnect Network (LIN) – Animated Tutorial – …
IEC 61850 External links:
[PDF]Overview of IEC 61850 and Benefits
[PDF]Application of an IEC 61850 and Synchrophasor …
IEC 61850 Merging Units – GE Grid Solutions
Computer hardware External links:
What Is Computer Hardware – Study.com
Computer Hardware Flashcards | Quizlet
CompSource.com: Computer Hardware, Software, …
GNU General Public Licence External links:
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENCE Version 2, June 1991 – …
GNU General Public Licence | CodeCogs
[Java] //Licenced under the GNU General Public Licence …
Wireless ad hoc network External links:
Wireless Ad hoc Network Introduction – YouTube
Ethernet Powerlink External links:
Controllers – ACR9000-EPL (ETHERNET Powerlink) from …
Ethernet POWERLINK – YouTube
Automatic meter reading External links:
[PDF]amrfaqDOThtml Automatic Meter Reading Project
Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) | Oakdale Electric …
[PDF]Automatic Meter Reading and Meter Replacement …
SAE International External links:
SAE International – Home | Facebook
Engineering Jobs – SAE International
Digital circuit External links:
The Digital Circuit – YouTube
TRAC Outdoor 12V Digital Circuit Breakers | Bass Pro Shops
What is a glitch in a digital circuit? | Electronics – Quora
Keyword Protocol 2000 External links:
[PDF]Keyword Protocol 2000 – pudn.com
[PDF]Keyword Protocol 2000 – Part 2:Data link layer – pudn.com
Electric beacon External links:
[PDF]ELMSTAR ELECTRIC BODART ELECTRIC BEACON …
Unified Diagnostic Services External links:
Adding Unified Diagnostic Services over CAN to an HIL …
GitHub – raychow/UDSonCAN: Unified Diagnostic Services …
SERCOS interface External links:
Sercos Interface I and II – Fiber Optics
Advantages of Sercos Interface Technology
Home energy monitor External links:
Solar – Ecoisme – Home energy monitor | Solar energy monitor
Sense Home Energy Monitor – Android Apps on Google Play
Ecoisme – Home energy monitor | Discover your home power
Routing protocol External links:
Routing Protocols – List of Routing Protocols – WiFi Notes
[PDF]routing protocol comparison – Router Alley
Symmetric-key algorithm External links:
Symmetric-key algorithm Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
SERCOS III External links:
Sercos III Addressing – General Architecture
Sercos III Profiles – Packaging Profile
The Register External links:
Important Estate Forms – Office Of The Register Of Wills
The Register-Mail – Home | Facebook
At The Register | Home
One-way encryption External links:
Implementing One-way Encryption in PHP | WebReference
IEC 60870-6 External links:
iccp – An ICCP Client (Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol or IEC 60870-6/TASE.2)
http://ABB zenon Process Gateway – ICCP/TASE.2/IEC 60870-6
ABB zenon Process Gateway – ICCP/TASE.2/IEC 60870-6
Industrial control system External links:
Industrial Control System (ICS) Security | Symantec
OPC Unified Architecture External links:
OPC Unified Architecture – YouTube
Opc Unified Architecture
http://Ad · amazon.com/Opc Unified Architecture
Software license External links:
QuickBooks Terms of Service & Software License …
200-11950 – SimPad Patient Monitor Software License
Microsoft Software License Terms
SAE J1587 External links:
SAE J1587 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Sae J1587 2006 Pdf – furetank.store
Sae J1587 2006 Pdf – huabian.store