What is involved in Process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process modeling related domains to cover and 118 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process modeling, Argument, Business architecture, Business model, Business process modeling, Business process reengineering, Change management, Enterprise architecture, Granularity, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Mergers and acquisitions, Method engineering, Model-driven architecture, Model selection, Process, Process architecture, Process calculus, Process flow diagram, Process model, Process ontology, Service-oriented architecture, Six Sigma, Sjaak Brinkkemper, W.S. Humphrey:
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Rank Process modeling tasks and develop and take control of the Process modeling initiative.
– Among the Process modeling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Process modeling processes of our organization?
– How to deal with Process modeling Changes?
Argument Critical Criteria:
Group Argument projects and balance specific methods for improving Argument results.
– Who is engaged by change, who wants stability and values past practice, who focuses on relationships or prefers a compelling argument for the change initiative?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Process modeling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process modeling moving forward?
– What are all of our Process modeling domains and what do they do?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Drive Business architecture engagements and display thorough understanding of the Business architecture process.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Process modeling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Process modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Process modeling?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Shape Business model results and find out.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Process modeling into the services that we provide?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Process modeling delivery for example is new software needed?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– How important is Process modeling to the user organizations mission?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Coach on Business process modeling leadership and learn.
– Is Process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process modeling project?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Adapt Business process reengineering governance and point out Business process reengineering tensions in leadership.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Process modeling values?
– Who needs to know about Process modeling ?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Align Change management goals and budget for Change management challenges.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– What is workplace Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is Change Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Enterprise architecture management and perfect Enterprise architecture conflict management.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process modeling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– Is a Process modeling Team Work effort in place?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Granularity Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Granularity strategies and find out.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– To what level of granularity do the systems objects (e.g., files, directories/folders, components) need to be protected?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– Does Process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Critical Criteria:
Dissect Lecture Notes in Computer Science governance and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Lecture Notes in Computer Science is getting what it needs.
– What is Effective Process modeling?
– Is Process modeling Required?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Mergers and acquisitions projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we go about Comparing Process modeling approaches/solutions?
– Have all basic functions of Process modeling been defined?
– How to Secure Process modeling?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Method engineering decisions and reduce Method engineering costs.
– what is the best design framework for Process modeling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Think about the functions involved in your Process modeling project. what processes flow from these functions?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Coach on Model-driven architecture leadership and remodel and develop an effective Model-driven architecture strategy.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process modeling is underway?
– Does Process modeling analysis show the relationships among important Process modeling factors?
Model selection Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Model selection governance and achieve a single Model selection view and bringing data together.
– For your Process modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can we do Process modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
Process Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Process leadership and reduce Process costs.
– To put your organization on the path to DevOps, you need a clear understanding of your current practices for development and operations. Do your development processes use agile or waterfall methodologies, or both?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– How will lineage/provenance of some or all of your data be documented (e.g., processing steps executed on raw source data)?
– Is there a need to use a formal planning processes including planning meetings in order to assess and manage the risk?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– How does the company develop, manage, measure, and improve processes to achieve performance excellence?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– What are the key process differences between our most productive plants and others?
– What other policies or regulations are relevant to the steps in this process?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Are the application host process shut-down options acceptable?
– What is the right technique for distributing domains across processors?
– How will measurement be integrated into the process?
– Is the target achievable by the current process?
– Is there a patch management process in place?
– Is the processing likely to be high risk?
– Is the suppliers process defined and controlled?
– What is the Risk Management Process?
– What are our Process modeling Processes?
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Group Process architecture issues and develop and take control of the Process architecture initiative.
– What are the key elements of your Process modeling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process modeling project manager?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Process modeling objectives?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Map Process calculus outcomes and separate what are the business goals Process calculus is aiming to achieve.
Process flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Explore Process flow diagram adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
Process model Critical Criteria:
Align Process model decisions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Process model.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Process modeling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
– Why should we adopt a Process modeling framework?
– Are there Process modeling Models?
Process ontology Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Process ontology results and reduce Process ontology costs.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Process modeling with what users do day-to-day?
– What threat is Process modeling addressing?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Service-oriented architecture goals and proactively manage Service-oriented architecture risks.
– What is the purpose of Process modeling in relation to the mission?
– Does the Process modeling task fit the clients priorities?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Six Sigma adoptions and ask questions.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Process modeling processes?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Sjaak Brinkkemper Critical Criteria:
Scan Sjaak Brinkkemper management and shift your focus.
– Do we monitor the Process modeling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What vendors make products that address the Process modeling needs?
W.S. Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Communicate about W.S. Humphrey adoptions and gather practices for scaling W.S. Humphrey.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Process modeling process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process Modeling Using BPMN – MAX Technical Training
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Business model External links:
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
OneTitle | business model
Business process modeling External links:
[PDF]Business Process Modeling and Standards – …
Business process reengineering External links:
[PDF]Business Process Reengineering
BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING: Essays
Change management External links:
UNLEASHING INNOVATION IN CHANGE MANAGEMENT …
jTask Inc – Change Management for your Organization
DCCA Change Management
Enterprise architecture External links:
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Granularity External links:
Cell Size & Granularity – RIC Facility
Lock Granularity and Hierarchies – technet.microsoft.com
Granularity | Define Granularity at Dictionary.com
Lecture Notes in Computer Science External links:
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Springer
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Official Site
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
[PDF]The Basics Of Mergers And Acquisitions
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model selection External links:
[PDF]Nonparametric statistics and model selection – mit.edu
Model Selection | Larson Boats
ERIC – Student Role Model Selection: A Replication., …
Process External links:
The Title Process – Get Results Realty
Steps In The Title Process – Lawyers Title
Car Title Process – Have a problem? Let us help.
Process calculus External links:
http://Packer / Process Worker – aplitrak.com
[1212.2257] A Process Calculus with Logical Operators
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process flow diagram External links:
Process Flow Diagram Visio – aomeihui.store
Simple Process Flow Diagram in PowerPoint
Process Flowchart – Draw Process Flow Diagrams by …
Process model External links:
[PPT]Software Process Model – StFX University
Process Models – Appian
[DOC]Business Process Model Template
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
W.S. Humphrey External links:
TSP(SM) by W.S. Humphrey | Waterstones